Cordova & East should hope to avoid Blackman

megatron

Blackman is ranked #25 on the country. Why wouldn't they be a threat to anyone?? They are undefeated including a tournament Qin in a invite only Bahama's tournament. They are real deal and I think the hone crowd will be a bonus.

#25 in the country? They are good but haven't played the schedule as cordova or memphis east

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big Blackman fan, but it's a stretch to say the Memphis teams don't want to be matched up against them first round. This Blackman team, in my opinion, is the most disciplined Blackman squad of all the teams that have made state, but they are not nearly as talented as some of the others. They work hard on offense to get a good shot. They play great defense. That Spain Park team that they beat was as good as any Memphis team this year, but it took a lot of good breaks to win that game.

Just my opinion, but the Memphis squads would probably love to play Blackman first round. But it looks like it has fallen to the Hilltoppers from Johnson City.

Blackman is ranked #25 on the country. Why wouldn't they be a threat to anyone?? They are undefeated including a tournament Qin in a invite only Bahama's tournament. They are real deal and I think the hone crowd will be a bonus.

USA today doesn't even have them as #1 in TN as of 3/9. (computer rankings)

Expert rankings have them at #25 but I'd be willing to beat my next pay check those experts haven't seen Blackman play a game this year.

You might be looking at something else. unapproved website has them at #197 nationally and #6 in TN. 

USA today doesn't even have them as #1 in TN as of 3/9. (computer rankings)

Expert rankings have them at #25 but I'd be willing to beat my next pay check those experts haven't seen Blackman play a game this year.

You might be looking at something else. unapproved website has them at #197 nationally and #6 in TN. 

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/chino-hills-retains-top-spot-h-d-woodson-leads-three-new-teams-in-super-25

Whatever this is.  I read it on USAtoday

Not taking that USA today bait at all. Most of that top 25 couldn't be the press at East in a neutral setting. Wont be able to make the tourney but i will be watching online cant wait for the East Blackman matchup

Not taking that USA today bait at all. Most of that top 25 couldn't be the press at East in a neutral setting. Wont be able to make the tourney but i will be watching online cant wait for the East Blackman matchup

I've seen Blackman and East, they should be a good matchup.  Blackman is a tough group and their leader was the  state game MVP as a sophomore, they have experience is all I'm saying and that is a home game for them.  East is a tough minded talented group.  I wish that could be a series. Best of 5.

that's what i been trying to tell people! lol

the schedule don't matter at this point! it is one game with Blackman playing at HOME!!!

Thanks captain obvious. The point was East has played teams as good as Blackman more times than blackman has played teams as good as east just look at both schudules. Every team at state can win on a given night or they wouldn't be at the glass house. You might want to get past Science Hill first. And playing at MTSU is not playing at home. The gym at mtsu is totally different than playing at blackman high school.

Thanks captain obvious. The point was East has played teams as good as Blackman more times than blackman has played teams as good as east just look at both schudules. Every team at state can win on a given night or they wouldn't be at the glass house. You might want to get past Science Hill first. And playing at MTSU is not playing at home. The gym at mtsu is totally different than playing at blackman high school.

I don't know what rock you have been hiding under but Blackman has experience in the building + they don't have to make a long drive! It is a home game for Blackman! Blackman is prob practicing everyday at MTSU right NOW!!! lol