Cordova & East should hope to avoid Blackman

megatron

I don't know what rock you have been hiding under but Blackman has experience in the building + they don't have to make a long drive! It is a home game for Blackman! Blackman is prob practicing everyday at MTSU right NOW!!! lol

They are practicing there all week.  They will be a tough out.  The thing about them is that they all find a way to contribute.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Blackman is good but that team from Alabama ain't East. It should be interesting game but think they are 10 points better than Blackman. Defensively, they are as good as anyone, they held Mr.Basketball Finalist Nate Hoover to 13 points earlier in the year and Jaylen Fisher most recently to under 10 points in the substate game..

I don't know what rock you have been hiding under but Blackman has experience in the building + they don't have to make a long drive! It is a home game for Blackman! Blackman is prob practicing everyday at MTSU right NOW!!! lol

So how many games did they play at mtsu this year? When every team gets there the day before who cares about a drive. I get it yall are playing in your home county, you will have more fans, but when does memphis teams bring more fans than The other schools anyway. And I can guarantee you they aren't practice there right now because Oakridge and dyer county are playing and the girls tourney is all week long so a complete false assumption from you

So how many games did they play at mtsu this year? When every team gets there the day before who cares about a drive. I get it yall are playing in your home county, you will have more fans, but when does memphis teams bring more fans than The other schools anyway. And I can guarantee you they aren't practice there right now because Oakridge and dyer county are playing and the girls tourney is all week long so a complete false assumption from you

I will not debate you on something you know nothing about! lol  of course I didn't mean at this moment but trust me they will be at MTSU having practice when the games are not going on!

I will not debate you on something you know nothing about! lol of course I didn't mean at this moment but trust me they will be at MTSU having practice when the games are not going on!

I simple asked you a question of how many times have they played there this year no debate just a simple question since you said they have experienced there. And more power to them if they go to mtsu early in the morning before school or after the girls games finish up at 9 at night since they run all day long.

I'm sure Blackman is good but that team from Alabama ain't East. It should be interesting game but think they are 10 points better than Blackman. Defensively, they are as good as anyone, they held Mr.Basketball Finalist Nate Hoover to 13 points earlier in the year and Jaylen Fisher most recently to under 10 points in the substate game..

fisher had 6 lol i wish he played with solid players around him. He would be a top 25 kid if so

Edited by TonyG

Coach Wortman is an amazing coach and his kids will be ready. They will be favored in every game but not against Cordova or East. They will compete and they will have a massive crowd representing them. It should be fun. USAToday rankings are and have always been a joke. Tennessee High was ranked in the top 25 the first few weeks of the season and they finished fourth in their district this year. 

Blackman shouldn't have much of a problem getting past Science Hill. This is not the Science Hill of old. This group of players for Science Hill is probably the least talented group in twenty years. They don't have a lot of size. I don't think they have a player over 6'6. And they aren't exceptionally athletic. With that said, they play good defense, hustle and play very unselfish team basketball. Their leader and arguably best player is a kid named Peyton Wingate. He's a pure shooter and if you let him get hot, watch out. They've got a pair of Juniors, Bowden Lyon and Nate Jackson, that have really started to come on here as of late. Both are athletic and will try and drive the ball to the hoop. They're a small team but they're quick and do a good job at forcing turnovers from the other team. They play smart. 

Do you think Blackman beats them by double digits or can they surprise them?

Science Hill would basically have to have the game of their lives to win this one. JMO

If Blackman doesn't take them seriously I do think it could be a closer game than anyone expects but I can't see the Toppers pulling off the upset. Just too much size and athleticism to overcome. This will be the best team they've faced all year. Just look at their schedule. It's pretty weak. They only have 1-2 quality wins. They don't have much experience against good teams. They also won't bring a big crowd, whereas Blackman will. Not only is it a 3-4 hr drive for Science Hill fans, it's also their Spring Break next week.

Edited by TFL2001

Science Hill would basically have to have the game of their lives to win this one. JMO

If Blackman doesn't take them seriously I do think it could be a closer game than anyone expects but I can't see the Toppers pulling off the upset. Just too much size and athleticism to overcome. This will be the best team they've faced all year. Just look at their schedule. It's pretty weak. They only have 1-2 quality wins. They don't have much experience against good teams. They also won't bring a big crowd, whereas Blackman will. Not only is it a 3-4 hr drive for Science Hill fans, it's also their Spring Break next week.

Blackman doesn't have much height either. Their 6'5 kid Reeves is extremely athletic