Memphis Mitchell versus MTCS

Btw1993

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at that game and it was a good one. Valentine was a beast.

Had He and Jones played as capable last year against UC (I think they had 19 total points :huh: ), we probably would have played Mitchell in the championship

We miss him in a few areas for sure...This year's version is quicker and can leap...Probably a hair more aggressive....But still fairly young with only 2 seniors

I've seen MTCS play. Lead Academy beat every team by 30 in that region. Their best player gets hurt and MTCS made it to state.

Lead was not the same team they were for the first 3/4 of the season. Something had left them. They were dynamic in the early going. Not so much late in the year. They were down 10 to a team they beat by 40 early in the year when he got hurt. And that was mid to late in the 4th quarter.

Pal, I understand.....Just finished my 3rd meeting of the day....Game against Lead was fun...We won then faced Mitchell

ok that was the first game of state for Lead.  Jackson just told me he didn't shoot enough that game.  The will be back in 2 years.  They have 3 8th graders 6'1-PG, 6,5-F  6'7-F that all will be pretty good.

Lead was not the same team they were for the first 3/4 of the season. Something had left them. They were dynamic in the early going. Not so much late in the year. They were down 10 to a team they beat by 40 early in the year when he got hurt. And that was mid to late in the 4th quarter.

The refs had a lot to do with that game.  I was at that one.  They still had a chance to win that one.

ok that was the first game of state for Lead.  Jackson just told me he didn't shoot enough that game.  The will be back in 2 years.  They have 3 8th graders 6'1-PG, 6,5-F  6'7-F that all will be pretty good.

That's correct and He did not....That was our first trip to the boro since 2011....I knew they'd be back and was surprised to see they weren't....Hate it for the kid, he's a very good ball player

That's correct and He did not....That was our first trip to the boro since 2011....I knew they'd be back and was surprised to see they weren't....Hate it for the kid, he's a very good ball player

He is.  He wants to go D1 and is a D1 athlete but he may have to take what he has which are high D2 offers.  You all always make an appearance.  Really consistent teams there.

He is.  He wants to go D1 and is a D1 athlete but he may have to take what he has which are high D2 offers.  You all always make an appearance.  Really consistent teams there.

We have some great athletes that come thru here in FB and BB....We're just so far up here in the sticks that getting recognized is difficult.... Hope he gets the offer he wants!

I've seen MTCS play.  Lead Academy beat every team by 30 in that region.  Their best player gets hurt and MTCS made it to state.

Wow, that's awesome.  So, after LEAD's one-man team got beat for the very first time all year, they cancelled the rest of the Region Tournament and sectional and just put MTCS in the bracket.  Now that is some clout!

Wait...., you say LEAD actually lost other games this year WITH their best player?  And MTCS went on to beat 27-3 Huntland (with Mr. Basketball finalist Kobe Foster playing)?  And they also beat Nashville Christian who had just beaten LEAD?  And then they beat a 25-5 Columbia Academy team who went to State last year?

Yeah, there's no way MTCS could be playing really well and peaking at the right time.  It's a string of flukes.  Good call.