Memphis Mitchell versus MTCS

Btw1993

Wow, that's awesome. So, after LEAD's one-man team got beat for the very first time all year, they cancelled the rest of the Region Tournament and sectional and just put MTCS in the bracket. Now that is some clout!

Wait...., you say LEAD actually lost other games this year WITH their best player? And MTCS went on to beat 27-3 Huntland (with Mr. Basketball finalist Kobe Foster playing)? And they also beat Nashville Christian who had just beaten LEAD? And then they beat a 25-5 Columbia Academy team who went to State last year?

Yeah, there's no way MTCS could be playing really well and peaking at the right time. It's a string of flukes. Good call.

Glad you can read final scores. Every team you named isn't that great including lead. MTCS was the best at that time. Not hard to beat Huntland. Foster shoots a million shots. Columbia Academy's lil guard shoots all their shots. Nashville Christian isn't great. They all woukd lose to Mitchell. Edited by Volunteerstatehoopsguy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you can read final scores. Every team you named isn't that great including lead. MTCS was the best at that time. Not hard to beat Huntland. Foster shoots a million shots. Columbia Academy's lil guard shoots all their shots. Nashville Christian isn't great. They all woukd lose to Mitchell.

Of course they would lose to Mitchell. Most teams will! You got a School that can pull kids in from a geographical area that has over 1 million people in it!! Let's see, there are approximately 11,500 people in our county as is the case for most of the Class A teams. If a Class A team from Memphis doesn't win a state championship every year it's their own fault. There isn't another major city in Tennessee that has a Class A school unless they are private or magnet. Let that sink in and marinate for awhile. ðŸ‘

Glad you can read final scores. Every team you named isn't that great including lead. MTCS was the best at that time. Not hard to beat Huntland. Foster shoots a million shots. Columbia Academy's lil guard shoots all their shots. Nashville Christian isn't great. They all woukd lose to Mitchell.

At least I can maintain a consistent thought, which seems to be a challenge for you.

Now pay attention. You were talking about LEAD and all of the excuses of why they lost. By the way, just say your dog ate your homework, because one excuse is as good as another.

Anyway, after several "excuse posts" you then made a fairly ridiculous comment about LEAD losing their best player (see note about dog eating homework) and how MTCS then went to state. The point being, MTCS beat a lot of teams as good or better than LEAD, with or without their best player, to make it to state. Give credit where credit is due. This has nothing to do with Mitchell.

At least I can maintain a consistent thought, which seems to be a challenge for you.

Now pay attention. You were talking about LEAD and all of the excuses of why they lost. By the way, just say your dog ate your homework, because one excuse is as good as another.

Anyway, after several "excuse posts" you then made a fairly ridiculous comment about LEAD losing their best player (see note about dog eating homework) and how MTCS then went to state. The point being, MTCS beat a lot of teams as good or better than LEAD, with or without their best player, to make it to state. Give credit where credit is due. This has nothing to do with Mitchell.

You are a loyal fan. Good for you. MTCS IS NOT GOOD IN MY OPINION!!! The kids may try hard and they may win but they aren't good. I don't have a dog in the fight so maybe my vision is a little clearer than others, but they aren't good. Take away any other teams best player and see how far they get...... Edited by Volunteerstatehoopsguy

Of course they would lose to Mitchell. Most teams will! You got a School that can pull kids in from a geographical area that has over 1 million people in it!! Let's see, there are approximately 11,500 people in our county as is the case for most of the Class A teams. If a Class A team from Memphis doesn't win a state championship every year it's their own fault. There isn't another major city in Tennessee that has a Class A school unless they are private or magnet. Let that sink in and marinate for awhile. ðŸ‘

So now because a team ins't from Memphis and they don't have a chance???? Sounds like your excuse if your team loses. You get points for sticking up for your county. There are a few 1A public schools in the mid state and they have the resources to pull kids in. They aren't Magnet or private. Sheesh sorry that you can't lose and say they are better rather than they are from a city that has 1M people in it

If you read all the statements you be able to use some critical thinking skills and figure it out. Just because you make it to state doesn't mean you are goid. That's a terrible assumption

Annnnnnd, we're back to my original point. Go back and look at the teams MTCS beat after they beat LEAD. Not evidence of a bad team.

Not that it will change your infinite opinion. I mean, you have "hoops guy" in your name. You must be right.

Good luck to your team at state.

So now because a team ins't from Memphis and they don't have a chance???? Sounds like your excuse if your team loses. You get points for sticking up for your county. There are a few 1A public schools in the mid state and they have the resources to pull kids in. They aren't Magnet or private. Sheesh sorry that you can't lose and say they are better rather than they are from a city that has 1M people in it

First of all where did I say someone else couldn't win in Class A? I said if Memphis doesn't win its their fault as they have an overwhelming advantage every year. Name another Class A school outside of Memphis that is public in a metro setting. I never said they were better I just said they should win every year against schools that are based in small counties. If you're going to respond do it with facts not speculations.

Edited by UCSportsFan

Annnnnnd, we're back to my original point. Go back and look at the teams MTCS beat after they beat LEAD. Not evidence of a bad team.

Not that it will change your infinite opinion. I mean, you have "hoops guy" in your name. You must be right.

Good luck to your team at state.

I don't have a team..... you all win it all!

First of all where did I say someone else couldn't win in Class A? I said if Memphis doesn't win its their fault as they have an overwhelming advantage every year. Name another Class A school outside of Memphis that is public in a metro setting. I never said they were better I just said they should win every year against schools that are based in small counties. If you're going to respond do it with facts not speculations.

The fact is you said no else will win w/o a Memphis team stumbling correct?

Wow, that's awesome.  So, after LEAD's one-man team got beat for the very first time all year, they cancelled the rest of the Region Tournament and sectional and just put MTCS in the bracket.  Now that is some clout!

Wait...., you say LEAD actually lost other games this year WITH their best player?  And MTCS went on to beat 27-3 Huntland (with Mr. Basketball finalist Kobe Foster playing)?  And they also beat Nashville Christian who had just beaten LEAD?  And then they beat a 25-5 Columbia Academy team who went to State last year?

Yeah, there's no way MTCS could be playing really well and peaking at the right time.  It's a string of flukes.  Good call.

Lead hadnt lost to a 1a school all year until Jackson got hurt.  Truth of the matter is Lead was without 2 starters that game.  You take the best player off any team and another starter and it makes it difficult for anybody to win.  Especially at the 1A level.   With Jackson, Lead wins that game by at least 10-15.  Not to take anything away from what MTCS has done, you cant fault them for the injury.  They did what they had to and as a result are playing in the glass house.  However ive watched a lot of basketball and Jackon has been the difference maker for that team for 4yrs.  Its hard to all of s sudden have to play with that big of a piece missing and still be effective