Region 6 Class 3A 2016

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Camden wont Have #33 Brown we have 23 seniors and a big bunch of starters returning.

Nothing will replace DeShawn the kid is special but we have 4 or 5 that will get that job done for sure.Which is actually the norm for us. Webster was the first 1000 yard Rusher we have had since 2004 Then Deshawn went for 2000+ and 1800+  ..Normally we are a RB by committee kind of team

Defense will miss #19 as much as the Offense will miss #33 and maybe more. Cant wait for spring games to see who is stepping up

Edited by Beagle

Who is going to step up and replace Zimmerman at QB?

As far as I know, it hasn't been declared. I think Fairview will be fine. Hopefully the defense will be improved and we'll rely more on the ground game.

I hear we're playing Forrest and Pearl Cohn in the spring scrimmages. Might get a couple spankings.

I heard Coach Finley at Stewart Co. has left to go back to west Tennessee. Anyone know if this is true?

Finley did announce that he is going back home to Gibson County. I hear that there is a good possibility that a local assistant will be named as his replacement. The young man rumored to replace him is local and was a all state player under Holiday. I am sure that he will take his

Lumps but on down the road I also think he will win. The young man loves football and he

Will not be leaving Stewart County which is a big plus. Go Rebels ! Let's see what happens.

Edited by Rebel84

I heard Coach Finley at Stewart Co. has left to go back to west Tennessee. Anyone know if this is true?

Coach Finley will be heading to Gibson County to coach his alma mater. He will be a great hire for the Pioneers football program and will be missed by those who knew and worked with him at Cheatham and Stewart. He's made an impact on many lives over the last 19 years here and I for one wish him the very best of luck.

Finley did announce that he is going back home to Gibson County. I hear that there is a good possibility that a local assistant will be named as his replacement. The young man rumored to replace him is local and was a all state player under Holiday. I am sure that he will take his

Lumps but on down the road I also think he will win. The young man loves football and he

Will not be leaving Stewart County which is a big plus. Go Rebels ! Let's see what happens.

You're absolutely correct. He does love the county, is probably the county's most decorated student-athlete ever, and is a solid football coach. If he is hired he would bring stability to a football program that desperately needs it. It would be an excellent choice by Stewart County HS if it is indeed the route that they choose.

• 2 weeks later...