Region 6 Class 3A 2016

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Chanz Swartz on being named the new coach at Stewart County and Brian Pence on being named the new coach at East Hickman. Congrats to Chris Langley on being hired as an assistant at his alma mater Cheatham County Central HS.

I know Sycamore scrimmages Houston County and Glencliff.

I know Fairview scrimmages Forrest and Lewis County after the Pearl-Cohn scrimmage fell through.

I know Camden scrimmages Humboldt and South Gibson.

I know Stewart County scrimmages East Robertson and Waverly.

It's finally football time!

• 3 weeks later...

Wayne County fella here. Was told my cats will play Fairview in jamboree this fall at Hickman County. We feel pretty good about our offense as of now. Defense looked good in only scrimmage against Columbia Academy but still lots of work. I know it's just a jamboree but just wondering about Fairview.

Wayne County fella here. Was told my cats will play Fairview in jamboree this fall at Hickman County. We feel pretty good about our offense as of now. Defense looked good in only scrimmage against Columbia Academy but still lots of work. I know it's just a jamboree but just wondering about Fairview.

I was told Fairview was playing Marshall County in the jamboree. Maybe something has changed.

Fairview will be pretty solid. They will have a strong running game and swarming defense. The quarterback position is their major question mark right now.

I know WC is loaded, so I expect it will be a good contest for both teams.

I was told Fairview was playing Marshall County in the jamboree. Maybe something has changed.

Fairview will be pretty solid. They will have a strong running game and swarming defense. The quarterback position is their major question mark right now.

I know WC is loaded, so I expect it will be a good contest for both teams.

You may be right about Marshall County as things change constantly. Thanks for ur insight on ur guys.

• 1 month later...

With the start of the season just 4 weeks away what are some thoughts on the region. Is it still Camden and Fairviews battle? I think three of the seven teams have new head coaches.

I think they will be the top 2. When do they play during the season?? I think if it is later in the season Camden will have a better chance. Will give them some time to shape up things on the defensive side of the ball. Beagle and Chief what are your thoughts???

Fairview goes to Camden week 10.

I think it will be for the region crown but I wouldn't sleep on Sycamore. They have a new coach but as I understand, he's a staff member from last year and they won't miss a beat. They had the best defense in the region last year IMO.

Fairview will be at it's strongest since 2013 and has several new, exciting coaching staff members. And, a ton of 3 year starters returning for their senior season.

The question mark is the quarterback position. I believe a sophomore is going to get the nod.

Edited by Swarm

With the start of the season just 4 weeks away what are some thoughts on the region. Is it still Camden and Fairviews battle? I think three of the seven teams have new head coaches.

Fairview is the preseason favorite and for a great reason. They return a ton of talented upperclassmen and are probably a Top 10 caliber team in 3A.

Camden is the defending region champion and has will be strong once the region stretch begins in the middle of the year. Games out of region against west Tennessee powers will prepare them well.

Sycamore has a new coach but he was on the staff and will not change much of anything. They probably have the best overall player in the region and will be a threat.

Harpeth is a team that returns a lot of experience and talent. At times they were the best team in the region last year but late season injuries really hit them at the wrong time. If they stay healthy they have the pieces to make a run.

Cheatham County is a team that really came on strong at the end of last season. They'll be in year number two with their coaching staff and even added a couple of quality coaches this summer. They'll always play a physical hard-nosed brand of football and be competitive.

Stewart County and East Hickman have new coaching staffs and better numbers heading into this season. Both programs have a new level of excitement.