Top AAA teams in 2016-17

SweetScience

Freeman is a scoring guard but he's unselfish sometimes also. The only thing he does better than Lomax may be scoring. Its hard to judge this with Lomax being in the situation he's in. Maybe if teams were even it would be easier to see. Lomax played up on 17u EYBL all year when he shouldve played 15u (probably bc he's use to managing more talented players around him). Freeman spent time on both the 16u(playing beside the playermaker Taelyr Gatlin who distributes better than anyone in the area) and 17u, that could be a sign. 

My kids tell me Lomax is 17. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East already has added Dude Mccollum so thatll make up size on the inside. And dont forget about Malcolm Dandgride, he's not Chandler at all but he can do enough to outplay the average HS center. Supposedly Moss isn't leaving anymore but we'll see how they look Thursday-Saturday at MUS. And East could win without Lawson and Moss if you ask me. They are still the biggest team around and Penny will make sure he has players. We have no clue what the freshmen will be able to contribute, the 2020 class is special and sometimes is overlooked because its another Lawson in 2021. Cameron "Mook" Matthews, Tayson Parker(if he stays in the city) and Matthew Murrell are special mark my words I have warned you all. None of them are going to East, just mentioning names for you all to look out for.

East beat Olive Branch at Miss State camp with out Lomax and Lawson. Beat the pretty bad too.

TonyG, WarMachine7954, and Galilee:

I'd love to get all three of you guy's opinion on something. It's just a hypothetical scenario I've currently got running threw my brain.

I'm on the outside looking in so I want to ask this ... For coach Tubby Smith to have what would be considered success in recruiting the local talent, which player from the 2018 (my bad) class is the most crucial to land? A. Lomax, T.J. Moss, or somebody else?

I think someone else. We played at Memphis' team camp and I got a chance to watch some open practices. There were only 7 guys dressed for Memphis. The guards they have are way more athletic than Moss or Lomax and could do the same things. 

I think someone else. We played at Memphis' team camp and I got a chance to watch some open practices. There were only 7 guys dressed for Memphis. The guards they have are way more athletic than Moss or Lomax and could do the same things.

Interesting. You thinking D.J. or what?

And that means what Tony? Lots of kids graduate at 18..he's a junior coming up...

I didn't mean anything in particular. Just stating that you can tell he has a more mature build. And I know Matthews has been on the fence for the longest about Whitehaven with Phillips bc his family has OB roots, but I was told that they resolved that issue. I could be wrong, but Murrell is the better player today but Matthews gets the nod bc of size and upside and if all comes together for him it will be scary