Privates in Middle TN to go D2 in 2017

They'll all be D-II. Lipscomb, CPA, Nashville Christian, Goodpasture, Notre Dame, CAK, etc. They'll all be playing D-II.

The effect will be for Division II to expand to 3 Classes. Division I will then become 5 Classes. This will allow the TSSAA to retain their 8 State Championships in Football and as a result there is no income lost.

They'll all be D-II. Lipscomb, CPA, Nashville Christian, Goodpasture, Notre Dame, CAK, etc. They'll all be playing D-II.

The effect will be for Division II to expand to 3 Classes. Division I will then become 5 Classes. This will allow the TSSAA to retain their 8 State Championships in Football and as a result there is no income lost.

Thanks for the input.

In your opinion, are there enough teams in D2 to have 3 quality divisions or will the championships be watered down?

Same for D1? Are there enough teams to field 5 quality classes?

I understand they (TSSAA) may want the revenue, but it takes away from earning a gold ball. Example: if a team like Alcoa does not play up, who can even get close to competing with them? I can see Milan being a solid team, can see many others on a consistent basis.

ND ant in middle TN and they have no cause to movce to the new divison.......but if they just happen to changer their mind

Alcoee will never see another threat and T$$AA will move their aa and or aaa trophy shop HQ's to the Goons campus; cause it will never leave.....

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Thanks for the input.

In your opinion, are there enough teams in D2 to have 3 quality divisions or will the championships be watered down?

I understand they (TSSAA) may want the revenue, but it takes away from earning a gold ball. Example: if a team like Alcoa does not play up, who can even get close to competing with them? I can see Milan being a solid team, can see many others on a consistent basis.

I don't think there are enough teams to have 3 divisions.  They need to have two classes in DII.

2 should be enough at around a 500 cutoff. The smallest ones won't be competitive against a CPA, etc. But haven't been anyway for the most part either in the Division II Class A or Division I 1A. Brentwood Acad and any other majors under 500 would no doubt move up.

Thanks for the input.

Milan has consistently good teams. But only has a team every 5-6 years that can stay on the field with Alcoa. I'm afraid that Milan will be getting a lot more silver balls after the privates go to D2 (as if we didn't have enough).

Indian

Indian, dont nose what u smokin in that pipe......but the likes of Grace Baptist, Nashville Christian and Columbia Academy are not going to b playing the likes of Christian Brothers, Lipscomb and Webb......and who is to classify who is a major or a minor? ...it want be PUB school boohooers makin that decision

there will be 3 classes, Indian.........you can bet your buzzard feather war bonnet, goatskin loin cloth and the title to your wigwam on that.....

Booger just sayin peace-pipe-smiley.gif

Edited by Booger

Webb has already been playing schools like that. Not much difference. Christian Brothers (for certain) and probably Lipscomb (about 500) would be in an upper half.

Maybe the cutoff can be about 450, Notre Dame would really have to step it up. Lookout Valley is probably bare and CCS is about to take charge of North Georgia, my advice, hit the east side of the county hard. Baylor and McCallie can't get them all and with Ooltewah's reputation going downhill the chances are many will be looking elsewhere.

yes, Boogers little red skin friend from Squatchy Valley, Webb has been playin the likes of Grace (Chattanooga), Nashville Christian and Columbia Academy. Webb is a the top of the split number for those 2 divisions and have chosen to play in the smaller division that they are tappped for....Only Ensworth and MUS have chosen to play up as far as Booger nose.......Sure MUS because its all 500 boys, Ensworth not sure.......Maybe cause that 100 million endowment they opened up a few years back let them put the players on the field to play Brentwood Academy and Franlin Road, or may it was some whiny PUB principles and their fans that were whining cause they were beating up on everyone a few years ago the lower class.

now let ole Booger tell ya Injun, why that 2 class 500 student cutoff slpit number you your buddy lane came up with smells of buffallo guano.....It ant cause Booger nose its gonna b 3 classes; its cause your numbers want work.

when us "1.8x Better Than The PUBs Privates" make that transition from the less fortunates next year and the 2017 football season starts on Booger little loin cloth wearin friends plan; there will b bout 9 or 10 schools with 500+ students in Private D II Class AA vying for the Championship......If Ensworth & MUS stay up top that makes 11 or 13 in that fight.....Thats 9 to 13 in TSSAA Big Boy Playoff series, Injun.....Now lets add that other Catholic school in K-town into that mix now, since they are the only school above 500 students transitioning. now T$$AA has 14 max in that big boy division.

now lets look at your smaller Private D II Class A division that your plan has grouped all the other schools with under 500 students into......When those 18 or so schools that have kept Squatchy from breakin Alcoee's gold ball record transitions to D II, there b bout 38 - 40 that u have thrown into that 1 class...maybe a few more, maybe a few less.....Now Boogers guessin at that 38-40; but that ant far off cause Booger nose stuff.

Injians plan of 2 classes in the Private II division with a 500 split: bout 14 in the Big Boy Class - bout 39 in the Small Boy Class......Naw Jack! Ant hapnin....your numbers dont match up.....now u nose why we pay for that private education

Like Booger said; bet your little painted pony on 3 classes. I would let u no the cutoff numbers between them; but right now Booger has made a blood covennat that Booger wouldnt hurl the legumes on that info right now.

Now as for ND havin to step it up next season for the transition, CCS ant takin charge of diddly. They are the best lookin worse team Booger ever saw......East side of the county is an option, and even possibly the west side. We sure want b crossin over the west county line and into the north valley, thats for sure......Squatchy crossed the 50 yard line on ND in the playoffs, what? ...1x last year in the playoffs?.....

The Irish faithful will just stick to the current Fant plan for time bein...it seems to work just fine....u no that first hand

Booger just sayin 4630.gif