Whos looked good in camps?

RealisticFan45

Heard King has D1 offers. Is she that good?

She is probably one of the most athletic players to ever come through Northwest TN in a while.  She has only played 2 years of varsity basketball and has a D1 offer.  The offer came after she sat out a year.  THE KID CAN FLAT OUT PLAY!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bababa I am glad you didn't include Gibson County in your teams from the west. We have played Westview three times and are 1-2 against them. We have beaten Haywood by 10 and Dyer County by 20. We lost to Dresden by 1 (missed front end of a 1 and 1 with 3 seconds left). I watched Trenton lose to Westview by 40 so they got some improving to do. I wouldn't count out GC just yet. They will be tough come February. They are just young.

I saw GC this summer as well. I'm really looking to see how Burkett steps up as a sophmore. Really like her skill level, and if she can give them 10 or 11 points a game, that will really open up things for White and Smithson. I agree they are very young now as well, but I still think they can get back at least to substate, if the young kids can make contributions

Bababa I am glad you didn't include Gibson County in your teams from the west. We have played Westview three times and are 1-2 against them. We have beaten Haywood by 10 and Dyer County by 20. We lost to Dresden by 1 (missed front end of a 1 and 1 with 3 seconds left). I watched Trenton lose to Westview by 40 so they got some improving to do. I wouldn't count out GC just yet. They will be tough come February. They are just young.

Here we go again lol, when did you see Trenton get beat by 40 to Westview? Two times that I know they played this summer Trenton beat them once and lost once both in close games and not against the split up Westview teams. Peabody beat Dyer co by almost 30 earlier in the summer. Your correct though Peabody does have a lot of improving to do, but I think they are ahead if any other Single A team in the west right now including Middleton. I saw both of them play this past weekend at utm including Peabody beating Gleason by 12. Seasons a long way off though. I'm not counting Gibson out I still think they are a top 3 team in the district, it'll be a fun season to watch, a lot can happen. Gibson can win district again just like Peabody, Greenfield or I'll even throw in Union City. I just don't think right now Gibson is head and shoulders above anyone, heard they got beat badly in several games at MTSU including losing to some teams Peabody played and Peabody beat. Also was told they lost badly to USJ who is a tough team, just don't think they will be on the same level as last year. Don't be so sensitive lol.

They lost to USJ by 2 at Bethel and they beat the A team of Westview at UTM by 3. Trenton got smoked by Westview at Obion the same game Jones tore her ACL earlier in the spring. Gibson County is down right now as far as Gibson County standards go, but they are actually better than I thought they would be at this point. Peabody will be favored I agree, but it will be a tough and balanced district.

I haven't watched many summer team camp games, but I have watched all of the teams mentioned here...

Trenton is not the team out of the west to beat this year, if they are then single A basketball is down in west TN big time. They're athletic and have some decent players, but they are not the team to beat. Gibson County will be down but will still be good and could very well be back in sub-state (and at state for that matter). Middleton has the best Single A player in west TN and still has some decent guards around her. Middleton is still my pick as the team to beat out of this area.

The team you guys are sleeping on in Single A is Greenfield. They have two of the best freshman in west TN and are extremely well-coached. They beat some quality AA teams handily whenever I watched them as well.

Oh agree, I said above that Greenfield will be in the mix, UC also. I don't think there is a dominant single A team but I do think Peabody is right there with Middleton and Dresden. So I guess single A is down in West TN, lol. A long way to go before season, Peabody has to improve a lot but right now they are ahead of the game like it or not. Very impressed with them from summer games I got to see and from what I hear being said about them. They keep improving like I think they will under Hart they will be tough to deal with like they were last season. Not counting anyone out though.

Edited by BABABA

Oh agree, I said above that Greenfield will be in the mix, UC also. I don't think there is a dominant single A team but I do think Peabody is right there with Middleton and Dresden. So I guess single A is down in West TN, lol. A long way to go before season, Peabody has to improve a lot but right now they are ahead of the game like it or not. Very impressed with them from summer games I got to see and from what I hear being said about them. They keep improving like I think they will under Hart they will be tough to deal with like they were last season. Not counting anyone out though.

Dresden and Peabody are not where Middleton is at. I'm pretty neutral and follow a lot of sports, but Middleton is on another level. I was impressed with GC's young players, but think Greenfield will be the team setting the pace in the district this year with Greenfield/Peabody/GC battling it out. Dresden/Gleason/Huntingdon should provide for a fun year this year in the district as well.

Dresden and Peabody are not where Middleton is at. I'm pretty neutral and follow a lot of sports, but Middleton is on another level. I was impressed with GC's young players, but think Greenfield will be the team setting the pace in the district this year with Greenfield/Peabody/GC battling it out. Dresden/Gleason/Huntingdon should provide for a fun year this year in the district as well.

Don't agree with that at all, Dresden and Peabody looked as good as Middleton the few times I saw them all play this summer. Middleton looks like they are missing the guard that graduated a lot right now. Don't get me wrong no team is head and shoulders above anyone right now, it's summer time!!! Greenfield will be in the mix but don't think they are better than Peabody or GC. It will all be close though. All three if these teams return most if their team from last year, only a couple graduates from each group, don't sleep on Union City either, their guards return I believe.