2016 Jerry Peters Memphis Summer Classic(The Best in Tennessee)

thenewguy85

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't pass it much when we played them and we played them twice.

You need to stop hating on these kids. Let these kids be great. Oh you mad because Germantown gone finish last in they District and they blew they chance at a state title last year. Let these kids get they recognition. You saw a kid twice and was judging his game when people on here have watched these kids for more than 2 or 3 years.

You need to stop hating on these kids. Let these kids be great. Oh you mad because Germantown gone finish last in they District and they blew they chance at a state title last year. Let these kids get they recognition. You saw a kid twice and was judging his game when people on here have watched these kids for more than 2 or 3 years.

Where? Show me anywhere in that post there is hate.

I stated a simple fact when we played them twice. He might have passed the ball 10 times in two games against us. He did whatever he wanted against our young guys. I think he's got a chance to be a real good player if he doesn't get injured this year from having to carry his team so much. 

We won't finish last in the district. There's always Wooddale.

Lol... You realize he led his team in assists right? Lol only passed it 10 times in 2 games? Gonna go watch those two games and get back with you on that. However, I did tell him to shoot it more. Maybe you should check out his highlight reel of him passing. It's probably on the second page of this blog under Brighton High's PG.

Lol... You realize he led his team in assists right? Lol only passed it 10 times in 2 games? Gonna go watch those two games and get back with you on that. However, I did tell him to shoot it more. Maybe you should check out his highlight reel of him passing. It's probably on the second page of this blog under Brighton High's PG.

Do you honestly think I was bashing your son? You and this other guy need to chill out. I never said anything negative about any kid. 

I've seen more than a few people state that he is a pass first PG. I was simply making an observation about what I saw in 2 games against us. He shot it a lot in both games. Maybe he passed it 100 times.

I'm sure he led and will lead your team in every stat there is.

In my opinion he has got a chance to be a very good player. He's got two more seasons to play which is great for him. I'm sure he works very hard on his game. He plays hard, he's skilled with the ball, and has good size for a PG. My old high school coach, Butch Hopkins, thinks very highly of him. I have no reason to disagree. 

I couldn't find the blog but I did look at the two videos that are on Youtube. In an almost 8 min highlight tape (highlight tapes usually consist of 5-8 sec clips) you've featured 20 assists. Under his freshman tape you've got his stats as 18 ppg and 4 assists. 

Again I think he's going to be good. One of the best guards in the state when he's a senior. I just don't and didn't see where he is a "pass first" PG. 

No hate. Simple observations from seeing him play and his tapes. 

If you were to ask me about any of our kids I'd tell you exactly what I see. It's not bashing it's being honest about what's right there in front of me.

One more time, no bashing, none. 

I remember this classic back when it was called the Steamboat classic. I drove from Florida 3 straight summers to watch it. Back then it was even larger as teams from Kentucky were just as prevalent as teams from Tenn and then there were big time teams from other states. One summer Lexington Catholic played Miami Sr in basically the game to show who was the best there. That was my first look at Coach Hubie Smith as he was at Bartlett and had a great team and I remember how impressed I was with how well-coached they were. Another summer I watched Shane Battier play in it for Detroit Central Catholic.Its a great tourney now but if it ever got back anywhere close to that level I would probably drive from Florida again to watch it. Great stuff for sure!

Simma down homeboy, I didn't say that. I laughed at your statement. Your observation in the 2 wins we had don't compare to the 200 plus games I've seen this kid play. You see how I did that? That's a jab... You basically did that. I have the utmost respect for your coach and what he is doing at Germantown and we have been helpful to each other since he has been here. I completely know what the standard 1 min or 4 min highlight reel looks like. If I wanted to I will make it 20 mins. I actually left a lot of stuff off. At the end of it all I'm just thankful that he is healthy and playing again after tearing his LCL his freshman year. Come watch us this season and I will put you on the pass list. Go cards.

I remember this classic back when it was called the Steamboat classic. I drove from Florida 3 straight summers to watch it. Back then it was even larger as teams from Kentucky were just as prevalent as teams from Tenn and then there were big time teams from other states. One summer Lexington Catholic played Miami Sr in basically the game to show who was the best there. That was my first look at Coach Hubie Smith as he was at Bartlett and had a great team and I remember how impressed I was with how well-coached they were. Another summer I watched Shane Battier play in it for Detroit Central Catholic.Its a great tourney now but if it ever got back anywhere close to that level I would probably drive from Florida again to watch it. Great stuff for sure!

Oak Hill was in it also one year, I think the 93 Summer

Lol I dont think warmachine was bashing him at all. First of all coach, your son is tremendous you must be doing something right with him. I think he's a PG primarily but has tremendous combo guard potential due to his height and scoring ability. He has tremendous vision and can definitely pass but I see a extremely more athletic cam payne in him versus a pass first type jalen fisher. Not to compare him to those two, just wanted to use two recent ballers that stand out in the area with contrasting styles. I don't think he was hating or attacking Taelyr at all, think it was just stating that in what he seen he doesn't resemble a pass first guard. And no offense but compared to his teammates if he were only passing the ball im sure you would be pissed off, he's too good to be passive for them lol. I've seen him around likewise talent on the AAU circuit with TP and he distributes extremely well when players around him are capable of creating shots and finishing. And being a rising junior he'll only get better.