Region 4-4a

I believe it will be much closer than last year. I plan on watching a MC game this year, would this be the most interesting region game to watch

Marshall County vs. Giles County is always a fun game. This one should be as fun as any have been recently. Edited by mcfan10

If the sanctions mattered that much, explain how Walt got to the title game his first season. Realistically, he should've had similar success in the following years with lesser sanctions than the first year. Unless... Could he have been winning off of OCs talent and coaching that first season?

Bingo you hit the winner....

After the 2012 season, O’Connor resigned to take the Buckhorn (AL) job and Walt Smith was hired and had to deal with the two years probation which included a $1,000 dollar fine, no 7 on 7 activities and no weight training and conditioning in 2013 as well as a reduction in fall and spring scrimmages in both 2013 and 2014, as well as no jamboree in 2014.And now we know the truth as to why Walt Smith struggled so bad...he had to pay the price for OC misdeeds before Walt even got there. Giles fans dont like to talk about these things because they know they gave Walt a raw deal.

After the 2012 season, O’Connor resigned to take the Buckhorn (AL) job and Walt Smith was hired and had to deal with the two years probation which included a $1,000 dollar fine, no 7 on 7 activities and no weight training and conditioning in 2013 as well as a reduction in fall and spring scrimmages in both 2013 and 2014, as well as no jamboree in 2014.And now we know the truth as to why Walt Smith struggled so bad...he had to pay the price for OC misdeeds before Walt even got there. Giles fans dont like to talk about these things because they know they gave Walt a raw deal.

If Walt is such a great coach! Why didn't your eagles hire him after he was fired by GC?

After the 2012 season, O’Connor resigned to take the Buckhorn (AL) job and Walt Smith was hired and had to deal with the two years probation which included a $1,000 dollar fine, no 7 on 7 activities and no weight training and conditioning in 2013 as well as a reduction in fall and spring scrimmages in both 2013 and 2014, as well as no jamboree in 2014.And now we know the truth as to why Walt Smith struggled so bad...he had to pay the price for OC misdeeds before Walt even got there. Giles fans dont like to talk about these things because they know they gave Walt a raw deal.[/quote

Going to the State title game in first year after the most sanctions really shows the price he had to pay.. That team GC had was loaded that year too and should've competed better vs Fulton but got destroyed.

A couple of things I hope for Region 4 this year: 1. More success in the first round against Region 3. 2. That all supporters of high school football stay positive for their teams and make comments that support their teams and coaches. Being a high school coach is hard enough doing all the things they have to do during the school day and then working with 50 - 60 teenagers for 20 plus hours a week; whether they win or lose we don't need to put the blame on them and criticize the coaches or players. High School coaches don't make enough money to used a public forum like Coacht to talk about them in a negative way. I love high school football; I think it is the one sport at the high school level that builds teamwork and teaches the hard lessons of real life that they will need one day to raise a family and pay bills in the real world. Go Region 4 4A have great and injury free 2016!!!

The Big Tuna! 

A couple of things I hope for Region 4 this year: 1. More success in the first round against Region 3. 2. That all supporters of high school football stay positive for their teams and make comments that support their teams and coaches. Being a high school coach is hard enough doing all the things they have to do during the school day and then working with 50 - 60 teenagers for 20 plus hours a week; whether they win or lose we don't need to put the blame on them and criticize the coaches or players. High School coaches don't make enough money to used a public forum like Coacht to talk about them in a negative way. I love high school football; I think it is the one sport at the high school level that builds teamwork and teaches the hard lessons of real life that they will need one day to raise a family and pay bills in the real world. Go Region 4 4A have great and injury free 2016!!!

The Big Tuna!

Well said sir.

The Big Tuna is already hearing lots of rumors coming out of Region 4

3. Page numbers are going up maybe moving to 5 A next year with that and a new administration I wouldn't want to start this year out 0-3.

Interesting that you would preach to us after a comment like this. Pot calling kettle black!!! Raiders roll big this week!!!