Franklin vs Brentwood II

FHSrebel27

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think they should talk to MBA and BA and have them a gree to postpone their game and play the biggest game in the state at Vandy. I mean Brentwood has a small outdated stadium and it is going to be full by 6:00 no matter the weather. I am a Franklin alumnus and I have been looking foreward to having a Franklin Brentwood game of this magnitude for years. I am sure anyone who has ever had anything to do with either of these programs will be making the trip to Brentwood for this williamson county showdown. I just hope I can make it their in time to get a seat I don't know about you

Great to see the level of civility so far on these posts about the game. You are so right about the crowd attending the game-maybe we could move it to the ex-Adelphia spread down near the interstate. Seriously, both teams earn respect with the season they have had thus far. This is easily the best Franklin team in recent history, and Brentwood has not skipped a beat with a new head coach and offensive and defensive philosophy. Either team will give the representative from the West all they want-providing these two don't put 50% of their players out of the game. Come early and get ready for the biggest game in WCS History. If you don't regularly go to a high school game, come to this one. Great players, great coaching, great atmosphere. Good Luck to all, and especially to the kids from Murray Lane. Make history and get over the "hump"!

Wow, my head is already spinning thinking of going through the another Brentwood week. The pressure of this week and what will happen on Friday is already hitting our team. Being from Franklin, I'd obviously be a little biased towards Franklin. But what I really think is what this game is going to come down to is who wants it the most. At the last meeting of these two teams, a lot of things came into play. I'm not trying to make excuses for Franklin, but we came into the game expecting us to destroy BHS, which was obivously not the case. I believe that each time these two teams played, there would be a variety of different outcomes. On any given day, Franklin could blow away Brentwood, but the next, they could get killed. Whoever shows up on Friday night will win, no matter what. Good luck to us and to Brentwood, it'll be a battle. GO REBS!

Franktown44 - Glad to see my tax dollars hard at work supplying FHS with computers so students can check CoachT during class time. Just Kidding :D

Brentwood Fans -

Tell fan12345 we want to hear from him.

What will Brentwood do if it rains all day this Friday? What if its too windy? Could it maybe be too cold? Oh yeah and go ahead and lock up the power switch for the field lights...we don't need any more of that nonsense.

[Edited by BigDogDaddy on 11-18-02 12:50P]

Yes, I agree, the civility (so far) here is nice. Let me start off by saying that I will NOT be making any predictions and I want to appologize to Brentwood for my wild predictions last time we played. I didn't give y'all enough credit, and then certainly proved me wrong anyways. I don't know if I had done that yet, so there, I have.

I too would like to hear from fan12345. He seemed to get a little level-headed finally after changing his name. Plus, a little bickering about what everyone thinks will happen in the game is always fun as long as no one resorts to trash talking.

It still amazes me how even these two teams appear to be on paper. For Brentwood, they need to shut down Otey like they did in Week 7. The passing game for the Rebels just doesn't seem to get underway nicely until after Otey has been successful. Franklin should try to copy Dickson County and run the ball on the outside. It did appear to be successful (at least in the 4th). Franklin also must win the battle up front. I think that's one thing that didn't happen in the first meeting. Franklin proved they can handle a big line this past week with Gallatin, but now they must prove they can handle a big and quick line. It's going to be a fun to watch and I can't wait for it.

GO REBELS!

To those who are trying to play down this rivalry by being happy that both teams are from Williamson county, who cares. I mean yeah it is kinda exciting that Franklin made it this far for once but as a Brentwood Alumni I can tell you that we don't care. We know that they will play there best against us and they always have but there best just isn't enough. So quit trying to bring unity to two teams that hate each other with a passion and if your not busy for the semis' come watch the Bruins support Williamson county the way it should be

The Brentwood Franklin hate is also routed deep into my veins as well, but I was raised proper in Franklin, where all the "poor kids live." Lets not forget you beat us by 8 when we did have five turnovers. And I do recall a 2000 season where we did beat yall at home. You just need to get off of your high horse and realize this is going to be a great game and the best team will prevail. I hate Brentwood just as much as you hate Franklin, but at least I have the manners to show some respect to a good football team.

Bruin27, noone is playing this rivalry down. The fact is that this is one of the most evenly matched games of the year and it just so happens that it is one of the biggest rivalries. Please don't attempt to turn a healthy rivalry into something it doesn't need to be. I go to Franklin and I'm just as into it as you are, but keep it clean boss.

As for your promise that Brentwood will role on to the semis...I guess we will see. You wouldn't be the first to underestimate Franklin this year.

Good luck to both teams!