Greeneville 2016

Torch

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched some of the scrimmage on hudl. Greeneville will be solid once again. Offensive line returned 3 starters and look big for a 4a team. Look for Cade Ballard to throw the ball more this year and definitely has some athletic wr. The zone read is still the bread and butter as it has been since 2007, but ballard will keep the ball more this year (for a freshman last year he really read that play well). I figured they would move Shuffler to RB this year from slot wr and play were he did in middle school. Definitely showed he had some wheels last year at the starting slot wr. And Barner will get some carries too. Defense should be as good with half of the D coming back and swarming mentality

Anybody go to the Boone scrimmage tonight?    I heard that Greeneville is overrated but Boone looked like a middle school.

Please explain what you have heard to believe Greeneville is overrated? I didn't get to make the scrimmage but watched Ballard throw all over Boone on hudl. Greeneville has been one of the top teams in 4a for a while now and with how the program is ran I don't see that changing.

Please explain what you have heard to believe Greeneville is overrated? I didn't get to make the scrimmage but watched Ballard throw all over Boone on hudl. Greeneville has been one of the top teams in 4a for a while now and with how the program is ran I don't see that changing.

Though the hudl video only shows Ballard, it appears that the Devils had their way with Boone.  Not sure how Boone did on the offensive side of ball.  To be fair, Boone, over the past few years hasn't been the best team.  On the other hand, you've got a school with less than 900 students having their way with a school with 1300 or so students.  

thanks guys, that's the kind of feedback I was looking for.      As someone said earlier, Boone has been bad for several years so its no surprise they couldn't hang with Greeneville.    I think the overrated comment was from someone who doesn't think Greeneville is in the same league with Fulton/Catholic.