Greeneville 2016

Torch

That's saying a lot when you throw the East 1969 championship team into the mix.Always been really good athletes in Morristown...I'd better back up and punt.Didn't think about the fact Greeneville plays more then one East team this year

Sullivan East was 2-8 in 1969. I think you misunderstood which East I was talking about.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the Greeneville teams back in the 50's...tradition goes way back even before then

Man that goes back a few years.You probably remember a Greeneville coach that was my favorite teacher in the 70's.Nobody messed with coach Coffman even when he was way up in age.I know a few of those guys from the 50's and early 60's.Had there been a setup like we have today,Greeneville would have been hard to stop

thanks guys, that's the kind of feedback I was looking for. As someone said earlier, Boone has been bad for several years so its no surprise they couldn't hang with Greeneville. I think the overrated comment was from someone who doesn't think Greeneville is in the same league with Fulton/Catholic.

to be fair, i think Greeneville represents themselves quite well with fulton/catholic.....vs fulton since 2010 the devils are 2 up and 2 down...pretty even i'd say...vs catholic, in that same time period, last years game is the only one to go by...game was tied going into 4th quarter, where catholics superior talent finally won out vs a one dimensional, freshman led squad that faught their guts out, but in the end, just couldnt finish against the eventual state champ....sure, that sounded like excuses and slighted in greenevilles favor, but what did you expect from one of the biggest Greene Devil homers on coacht.com...haha...honestly though, to say Greeneville isnt on fulton and catholics level is a bit of a n untruth, but i can see where an outsider might see it that way....it's up to the boys in greene to do something about it....will 2016 be the year?? we shall see...Fulton will be great again and catholic is going to be absolutely lethal in their final season outside the private ranks. All that said, i think a more fair statement would be " no one in 4a east of Memphis is in Fulton/Catholic?Greeneville's league!

sorry but East want hang with the Devils. MoWest will be the Biggest Game for my Devils in regular season.

Dont count out Anderson Co. Army...they will be jacked up in their newly renovated facility with their new rug...that bunch really gets behind their mavericks and im sure they have this game circled...atleast they BETTER have it circled. Should be a great game out of the gates. The greene team will be battle tested after the first 2 games, then beyond that i think MoEast will really be the only challenge. Sure South is usually a good game, but they're are down right now and we FINALLY get them at home and i think we mercy rule them this time around...so as per usual, playoff time will set the table for us, as it does every year....State champ will once again come out of the Fulton/Catholic winner vs Greeneville/Central winner....and dont count those bobcats out. they are scary again this year.

to be fair, i think Greeneville represents themselves quite well with fulton/catholic.....vs fulton since 2010 the devils are 2 up and 2 down...pretty even i'd say...vs catholic, in that same time period, last years game is the only one to go by...game was tied going into 4th quarter, where catholics superior talent finally won out vs a one dimensional, freshman led squad that faught their guts out, but in the end, just couldnt finish against the eventual state champ....sure, that sounded like excuses and slighted in greenevilles favor, but what did you expect from one of the biggest Greene Devil homers on coacht.com...haha...honestly though, to say Greeneville isnt on fulton and catholics level is a bit of a n untruth, but i can see where an outsider might see it that way....it's up to the boys in greene to do something about it....will 2016 be the year?? we shall see...Fulton will be great again and catholic is going to be absolutely lethal in their final season outside the private ranks. All that said, i think a more fair statement would be " no one in 4a east of Memphis is in Fulton/Catholic?Greeneville's league!

Forgot to ask,are you going to make a video of tomorrows scrimmage with Dobyns Bennett.I hope so and a lot of first and 2ed team stuff.

Edited by BatmanDB

Dont count out Anderson Co. Army...they will be jacked up in their newly renovated facility with their new rug...that bunch really gets behind their mavericks and im sure they have this game circled...atleast they BETTER have it circled. Should be a great game out of the gates. The greene team will be battle tested after the first 2 games, then beyond that i think MoEast will really be the only challenge. Sure South is usually a good game, but they're are down right now and we FINALLY get them at home and i think we mercy rule them this time around...so as per usual, playoff time will set the table for us, as it does every year....State champ will once again come out of the Fulton/Catholic winner vs Greeneville/Central winner....and dont count those bobcats out. they are scary again this year.

GO BIG GREENE!

Hey Greenies, we (Boone) just played MoWest tonight in the jamboree.    Here is some advice for when you meet on Aug 26:    You better score EVERY time you have the ball.    They have a very solid O-line and speed to burn where it counts and can put points on the board in a hurry.    I guess we'll know more next week after they open against Knox Catholic, but they certainly look like a team that can hang with Greeneville.

Hey Greenies, we (Boone) just played MoWest tonight in the jamboree.    Here is some advice for when you meet on Aug 26:    You better score EVERY time you have the ball.    They have a very solid O-line and speed to burn where it counts and can put points on the board in a hurry.    I guess we'll know more next week after they open against Knox Catholic, but they certainly look like a team that can hang with Greeneville.

They have always hung with Greeneville so we know what to expect from Morristown West. Nothing new