Three classes for soccer!

1925Kee

Go GreenDevils

been on T for long time and dont remember any Greenvillians whinin bout ND and the other Privates knockin them outta their championship tropghy over the years

Booger just sayin :thumb:

We didn't complain when we were playing up in AAA and would get beat by Bearden in the Substate after battling schoos twice our size either Booger. Everyone wants something for no work at all. It's a softer generation

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I talking to myself? Are you actually reading my posts? I'm not going to explain this one again.

So you didn't say this " If you have a high school team that is heavily laced with club players, they are going to do very well against teams that don't have club players. There's simply no argument to that. Makes sense, then, to attempt to pair teams that have similar makeups: Lots of club players in one classification, very little or no club players in another classification.". Go back and ready your comments.........your starting to sound like a Clinton

Edited by Swipes

I've read every post you have writen and I believe that it's laughable when it comes to trying to classify. I understand I use the Great team division to bad team division and response was "Well that's what they are doing now with the A, AA, AAA" which is not true.

It's not that your slamming Greeneville it's your slamming any team that has sacrificed and actually put in alot of work to get their program were it is and now want it to not be based off how ever other sport is classifies and that's by school population

Basing only on school population creates disparities. Simple as that. Yes, the new system is based upon school population. It is not perfect. There will still be tremendous mismatches. However, adding a small-school classification with Single A is a big help. Encouraging privates to move to DII is also a big help. My argument is the difference is not so much in school population but in the presence of club players.

Here's our argument in a nutshell: What has the greater impact to the quality of a high school soccer team:

A.) School population

B.) Club players

Edited by 1925Kee

So you didn't say this " If you have a high school team that is heavily laced with club players, they are going to do very well against teams that don't have club players. There's simply no argument to that. Makes sense, then, to attempt to pair teams that have similar makeups: Lots of club players in one classification, very little or no club players in another classification."

I also said this:

True, you can't have a club player litmus test. But you can make an assessment as to teams that typically carry club players and teams that typically don't.

And this:

No, you can't go by that alone. But you can make reasonable assumptions in an effort to create parity.

And this:

I said you can't classify based upon club participation. I did say you can make assumptions about where the heaviest club activity is and plan accordingly.

Are you seeing these too? Maybe there's something wrong with the interwebs. Must be that.

Basing only on school population creates disparities. Simple as that. Yes, the new system is based upon school population. It is not perfect. There will still be tremendous mismatches. However, adding a small-school classification with Single A is a big help. Encouraging privates to move to DII is also a big help. My argument is the difference is not so much in school population but in the presence of club players.

Here's our argument in a nutshell: What has the greater impact to the quality of a high school soccer team:

A) School population

B) Club players

The answer is C) HARDWORK

I know some communities that have club teams that get drummed by other club teams. Soccer is no different than any other sport like I have stated before. Some travel baseball team while the floor with other travel teams, some AAU basketball teams wipe the floor with other AAU teams. It's all about sacrifice and support

The answer is C) HARDWORK

I know some communities that have club teams that get drummed by other club teams. Soccer is no different than any other sport like I have stated before. Some travel baseball team while the floor with other travel teams, some AAU basketball teams wipe the floor with other AAU teams. It's all about sacrifice and support

So you're skipping my question. You don't want to answer it? Believe me, hard work happens at many teams. Many of those teams still can't "break through." Don't be too quick to label losing teams as lazy. Some are. Some aren't.

I'm asking you to choose between population and club players. Which one has a bigger impact?

I also said this:

True, you can't have a club player litmus test. But you can make an assessment as to teams that typically carry club players and teams that typically don't.

And this:

No, you can't go by that alone. But you can make reasonable assumptions in an effort to create parity.

And this:

I said you can't classify based upon club participation. I did say you can make assumptions about where the heaviest club activity is and plan accordingly.

Are you seeing these too? Maybe there's something wrong with the interwebs. Must be that.

You don't know how fast you have tried to even back track. It one thing then went we can make assumptions about heaviest club activity and plan accordingly. You know what they say about assumptions......

So you're skipping my question. You don't want to answer it? Believe me, hard work happens at many teams. Many of those teams still can't "break through." Don't be too quick to label losing teams as lazy. Some are. Some aren't.

I'm asking you to choose between population and club players. Which one has a bigger impact?

If you look across all sports population had alot to do with it. It's simple mathematic statistics that the more population the better the chances to get better players because there is more to choose from. That's why they have classifications. You would have to have an algorithm to have the correct answer to your question and would have to know who all plays club, what ages, etc. I'm tired of arguing with someone who just keep.back tracking on words they have already said

If you look across all sports population had alot to do with it. It's simple mathematic statistics that the more population the better the chances to get better players because there is more to choose from. That's why they have classifications. You would have to have an algorithm to have the correct answer to your question and would have to know who all plays club, what ages, etc. I'm tired of arguing with someone who just keep.back tracking on words they have already said

Not backtracking one bit. I offered a suggestion that has sent you into a tailspin: that the existence of club players has a significant impact on high school soccer success. I would argue the BIGGEST impact. You're personally offended by that. Understand this is not a personal attack.

I did not say that population and club participation were exclusive--all one thing or all the other. Of course population is a factor. But is it a BIGGER factor than club activity?

Not backtracking one bit. I offered a suggestion that has sent you into a tailspin: that the existence of club players has a significant impact on high school soccer success. I would argue the BIGGEST impact. You're personally offended by that. Understand this is not a personal attack.

I did not say that population and club participation were exclusive--all one thing or all the other. Of course population is a factor. But is it a BIGGER factor than club activity?

And like I said you would have to have statistical proof to show that it does or doesnt, Other than that it's just assumptions. I just find it funny that school have been playing travel team in other sports for years and no one has brought this up till girls soccer about it being the biggest factor.....