Milan / Mayfield Scrimmage

mumbles

Guess that explains the kicking game for mayfield. I heard that mayfield has only been in pads 5 days, and this is the first scrimmage for them, if true I was impressed such a small school with small players was that good, send some of them small players across the state line we will take them.

I got 7 total td's for mayfield 6 for milan. Varsity portion I got 6 for mayfield 4 for milan. 2 of milan touchdowns for varsity it looked like mayfield only had part of the starters in on defense. When the teams were running all the starters for the first 4 or 5 series Mayfield pretty much scored at will, and mayfield defense stopped milan pretty good. Once mayfield stud linebacker got sick, and he was taken out milan could finally run in, but before he got sick milan seemed to struggle running the ball. Mayfield definitely doesn't look the part, but looks are decieving, cause they seemed a lot better than what you would think by looking at them. Unless mayfield is just that good I'd say milan won't go far in the playoffs.

7-6  against mighty Mayfield and Milan won't go far in the playoffs?...sounds like Milan scored at will too if they had 6 td's....

Mayfield is only 1 or 2a, and like I said it was 7-6 total. I'd say mayfield probably scored a td on 1st 4 possessions or so of varsity play. Milan only had about 1 td at that same point. After Mayfield linebacker puked his guts out, and was taken out Milan did much better, and Milan backups looked better than mayfields. 1st string no doubt about it Mayfield owned them.

Greetings from Mayfield! Just back home from the scrimmage. Mayfield won but its hard to tell exactly what the varsity score was. Milan struggled all night on defense but looked pretty good on offense. Mayfield will start the season @ #1 and is expected to have a pretty solid team. Mayfield was without its starting safety and kicker and lost the middle linebacker early on.

Your awfully modest. Ronnie Milsap could see that Mayfield was better. You have 2 good running backs. Wish I could have seen your starter more, but his backup that came in after about 3 series looked great as well.

7-6  against mighty Mayfield and Milan won't go far in the playoffs?...sounds like Milan scored at will too if they had 6 td's....

but then again it was  fun "family feud" since Jeff Morris and his Mayfield cousin squared off again in a scrimmaged that was good for both teams....

I had it 5 to 2 or 3 , Mayfield .

Mayfield was the better team.

Mayfield's kicking....terrible.

I would love to see Mayfield scrimmage Alcoa....a 2A school playing up to 3A....or Liberty Tech out of Jackson...a team with 4 players with D1 offers and just added a 5th with a transfer in from Chester Co...... 

Guess that explains the kicking game for mayfield. I heard that mayfield has only been in pads 5 days, and this is the first scrimmage for them, if true I was impressed such a small school with small players was that good, send some of them small players across the state line we will take them.

Yes it was our first scrimmage and we had to move the scrimmage to Sat because we just got our 6 days in. 

Volstomper, we are always smallish every year but the small stature has not stopped us from winning titles