Milan / Mayfield Scrimmage

mumbles

Lol, Mayfield shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Alcoa. Alcoa would beat them by at least 30 almost every year.

Didn't really mean Mayfield would beat Alcoa just using the reference in a metaphoric term. They are a powerhouse in KY football.

Edited by ysoangry

Your awfully modest. Ronnie Milsap could see that Mayfield was better. You have 2 good running backs. Wish I could have seen your starter more, but his backup that came in after about 3 series looked great as well.

The starting RB you mentioned is a candidate for Mr. KY. Football.  Several of us from Mayfield were actually talking about how well Milan contained him, most don't. 

This was Milan's second scrimmage with the first being against Henry County.  After scrimmaging what are traditionally 2 very good football teams, where do you all but Milan?  I would assume they will be one of the top teams in their class and expectations are for a title.  Would this be accurate?  I ask because I am trying to figure out what to make of a Mayfield team that has high expectations

The starting RB you mentioned is a candidate for Mr. KY. Football. Several of us from Mayfield were actually talking about how well Milan contained him, most don't.

This was Milan's second scrimmage with the first being against Henry County. After scrimmaging what are traditionally 2 very good football teams, where do you all but Milan? I would assume they will be one of the top teams in their class and expectations are for a title. Would this be accurate? I ask because I am trying to figure out what to make of a Mayfield team that has high expectations

Milan has the potential to go to the title game but will not win cause of Alcoa. But will definitely make the qtrs. There are a couple of teams they will probably see in the qtrs and semis that they will battle with and will be challenges but the potential is there.

Milan has the potential to go to the title game but will not win cause of Alcoa. But will definitely make the qtrs. There are a couple of teams they will probably see in the qtrs and semis that they will battle with and will be challenges but the potential is there.

agree big baby but not level playing field.....Liberty gets a D1 transfer from Chester Co....which puts them up to 5 D1 players with offers...they get the now closed JCM athletes...and dealing with Alcoa....which has the best players out of Knoxville....Alcoa is an east Tennessee all-star team....open zoned....how can little 'ol Milan compete with that?....

agree big baby but not level playing field.....Liberty gets a D1 transfer from Chester Co....which puts them up to 5 D1 players with offers...they get the now closed JCM athletes...and dealing with Alcoa....which has the best players out of Knoxville....Alcoa is an east Tennessee all-star team....open zoned....how can little 'ol Milan compete with that?....

IMO...any "open zone" school or school system should be DII

From what I saw from Milan in the scrimmage against our little Cardinals, they are much better than last years edition. I really love all the discussion about these schools with all that d1 talent. It almost seems like we never have that at Mayfield and always end up beating teams that do have it.

From what I saw from Milan in the scrimmage against our little Cardinals, they are much better than last years edition. I really love all the discussion about these schools with all that d1 talent. It almost seems like we never have that at Mayfield and always end up beating teams that do have it.

I had a chance to meet some of your jv players last year. They ran the chains during a 6th grade game against Union City. All of them seemed like great young men. It really made a good impression.

Well thank you. We somehow get a lot of disrespect for our kids in this area. I'm glad to hear that. We do have a great bunch. 2 of our 4 lb's are straight A students. Probably 3 or 4 of the linemen are. The qb is as well. I think 2 of the 4 recievers are as well. But, we always hear folks from the county making them out as criminals. It means a lot to hear someone comment on their true character.

I would like to see if Mayfield couldn't get this Alcoa team on the schedule. We will be looking for 2 teams to add to the schedule next year. The last 2 years our only losses have been to a top ten 6a team. Both of them were in OT.

I'm sure Gary Rankin would take yalls call. Alcoa has played Bell County in the past when they have been really good losing 13 to 10 to eventual state champs Boyle County in the semis.. Didn't turn out to well for Bell County getting beat 42 to 14 when they played Alcoa. Crazy thing is alot of UK football players have came from Alcoa most notably Randell Cobb