Dresden Verses Westview

ysoangry

Well the Lions put it together in the second half and pulled away. I'm curious about WV. Were they a little better than expected? I don't know. Was Dresden fighting some first game jitters? Either way, the end result was a Lion's blowout. Good luck. Until mid October at least. Lol

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hevyrevy1611

Have some kinks to work out, and though an imperfect first game it was a 40-6 whooping of our in-county bigger rivals. Good way to start the year. Met some great guys from UC too. All around a good night. Keep it up Lions!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Well there they are. Them two I was just speaking of. Super nice guys. Real warrior hearted men. And these hunting buddies I met learned a homemade duck-call from this ol hick from the Dresden sticks. :) Which I learned from an Apache Indian out West. Ha. One never knows what you can learn from another, right? Thanks for well wishes & good luck to Rebels too. Which I is one btw, my old alma mater was Rebels (back when horses were ridden to school). Their mascot now is Wolverines (I think). Thanks for making this game super enjoyable for me. Look me up whenever y'all over this way. You know how to find me. Just follow all the ducks coming my way, it's like Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" when I call em in.

The former D coordinator was very good tonight. Congrats to WV on a good game plan. From my perspective, those guys are young but have a better future ahead. On to game 2......some work needs to be done.

Any chance he comes back when Rang leaves?Heard that a lot of people believe he will be the next head guy.

Guest hevyrevy1611

I may get the tar & feather treatment for saying this.. but it sumin I gotta say.. it seemed like our fans were not as rukus & involved & enthused tonight. Not alot of chanting, helping out defense as 12th man, pumping up the O, nor noisemaking stuff. Heard a few others say that too on way out. There were some fans making noise but nothing like we capable of. What if teams played & won in direct proportion to their fan's enthusiasm & support during game? ... Just sumin to ponder. Lion Nation let's be high-scoring champions too as fans at games, OK? Not a few folk either but ALL of us,... sound good? There are oodles of hard-working champs with QB Club helping make Lions roar behind-the-scenes year-round, (talk about amazing!), and others need to bring their support during games too, right? Have us all be one big team, with massive community support, filling QB Club member rolls, plus being loud & proud at the games all year long. Let your hair down (those with hair, ha), & turn loose that fun-loving 'crazy' fan that's in us all. Student body usually does great... so I say let us old-fogeys of all ages show them young whipper snappers how to be a champion calibre fan. Why not, eh? You'll be glad you did! Yes you will! ... Well, I off soapbox now. Sermonette #251 over. Offering plate in back beside exits. Goodnight. GO LIONS! 15 IN 16! zzzz-time for me.

My two cents from last night are, and this is just from friends at the game or Twinkle radio. Westview is very very young and much smaller than normal, many starting sophomores. They had a few good drives straight down our throats running the ball. Dresden made adjustments second half and helped quite a bit. Dresser did what he always does he makes a play when running for his life. That is good but that can also be dangerous, If you have a disciplined D and take away the big plays when Dresser is in trouble we could be in trouble. Line needs to get better protection for QB, Yates is a monster, ATom and Jones are clutch. We have a liability without a extra point kicker. Defense will come around to stopping the run better or we are second in Region. We only have 2 real contest left this season so Dresden will have plenty of games to get to where we can be.

Hevy, listening to the game last night with former player and he made the comment the crowd was too quiet. All the rowdy folks are gone so it's back to gossip time in the stands instead of helping the team. The Bachelor in Paradise is more important then football. 

4life, I've said all along that coach Rang will ride the Dresser Train all the way back to east TN so if I'm correct we will see next fall. Coach Cruise from what most have said to me is a good coach and I would assume Chuckles could do much worse so Cruise gets my vote. Unless Lamkins wants to move away from Gleason.