Rhea County @ Baylor

kamerb

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Baylor....bigger, stronger, faster kinda like the Six Million Dollar Man. They were very impressive and at the other end of the spectrum Rhea has lots of work to do to get where they need to be. CMP has said several times that's why he wants to play these types of teams early because they show you your weaknesses fast. The Eagles played hard but sloppy(penalties, fumbles etc) but playing a great front had a lot to do with that.

Baylor is for real, they are talented, deep and very well coached.

It doesn't matter the competition if you have 8-10 fumbles turn it over on half those, have zero passing game and can't tackle can't cover a receiver you will not win many games. Nothing against Baylor they are a very good football team but we can't beat sale creek if we play the way we played last night.

I think you've nailed it. I was shocked for what Rhea had coming back. The coaches. Really Baylor is good but you couldn't tell because Rhea totally imploded. Seriously when it was 21 to 0 I couldn't believe Baylor didn't have 40+. Even their coach made comments that it's a win. The first TD pass was a wobbling duck on one wing Rhea had two defenders the ball went by right in the hands of the receiver who looked shocked it wasn't intercepted. The last TD pass was on the money to a wide open player nobody near him. A fumble bounces up forward you might expect to lose it but not have it returned for a TD. Perfect Storm.

It doesn't matter the competition if you have 8-10 fumbles turn it over on half those, have zero passing game and can't tackle can't cover a receiver you will not win many games. Nothing against Baylor they are a very good football team but we can't beat sale creek if we play the way we played last night.

You could lose ten fumbles and still beat sale creek. Cause you would score on every other play you didn't fumble.

Come on. A little bit of an overreaction. You all have good size an offense most schools can't stop and a solid defense. Of course the secondary may be an issue but how many schools in the regular season can really take advantage of that enough to beat you? Clean up the turnovers and dumb penalties and you will be just as competitive in the playoffs as years past. I Will admit Cleveland seems to be a tougher game down the road than previously expected.

Pathetic and extremely disappointing. If we play this as poorly as we did last night, don't change some personnel, and don't change some schemes, we will end up 4-6.

sounds like your kid didn't get to play - If you think Rhea will go 4-6 you don't know football - you have one of the best coaches in the state in a community that loves their high school football - embrace it and love it - your child probably does - don't ruin it for him! Some would love to be a part of a program like Rhea.

sounds like your kid didn't get to play - If you think Rhea will go 4-6 you don't know football - you have one of the best coaches in the state in a community that loves their high school football - embrace it and love it - your child probably does - don't ruin it for him! Some would love to be a part of a program like Rhea.

Sorry, I don't even have a kid on this team. I proudly wore the Green and Gold and I do have a family member on the team but no kids yet. I just know if we don't get some things changed and fixed we are looking at all being free for Thanksgiving.