Upperman at Cookeville Week 1

daddykriley

I agree the number of students in your school is a small Factor to wins on the football field. Maryville for instance should be in 5A based on the student enrollment numbers. Instead that used to dominate 6A LOL

Maryville would be one of the biggest schools in 5A as far as enrollment numbers, so that's hardly an argument. Edited by Governors91

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cookeville has the best defense they have had under Maynord. It is no surprise they have improved every year. Their offense could be better than last year even with the loss of Johnson & Angel. It will still be tough to beat the 'Boro teams. I really don't know how good the U is. They had better be a lot better than last year just to stay in this game. I don't think Cookeville will come out flat this time. The U can thank their DC for that.

Edited by Antwan

Coach Maynord will not run up the score even if he has the chance to. Has far as the size of the school not determining the strength of a team is ridiculous. You have more students which typically means you have a bigger talent pool to choose from. This is why the championships have different classes. Having said that I hope Upperman wins this game and hope Cookeville wins the rest of their games.

Coach Maynord will not run up the score even if he has the chance to. Has far as the size of the school not determining the strength of a team is ridiculous. You have more students which typically means you have a bigger talent pool to choose from. This is why the championships have different classes. Having said that I hope Upperman wins this game and hope Cookeville wins the rest of their games.

The size of the school not determining the strength of the team ridiculous.....?

2014 enrollment: football state champs:

Since 1998

Cookeville:2201. 0

Maryville:1126. 10

Upperman:740. 0

Alcoa:566. 8

Edited by daddykriley

Give me a break dude. Just quit.

I'm not saying that numbers doesn't have any thing to do with good programs, but a great coach goes a long ways. These numbers backs what I'm trying to say. The post I was committing on( an Upperman fan) was saying that Upperman will be a better team, and possibly beat Cookeville as there enrollment increases. It will help some ,but NO WAY Ben Herron is a better coach than jimmy Maynard. They will not beat Cookeville this year or 5 yrs from now. Love me some bees ,but these are just the facts enrollment numbers hardely equals wins.

I'm not saying that numbers doesn't have any thing to do with good programs, but a great coach goes a long ways. These numbers backs what I'm trying to say. The post I was committing on( an Upperman fan) was saying that Upperman will be a better team, and possibly beat Cookeville as there enrollment increases. It will help some ,but NO WAY Ben Herron is a better coach than jimmy Maynard. They will not beat Cookeville this year or 5 yrs from now. Love me some bees ,but these are just the facts enrollment numbers hardely equals wins.

Cookeville had been very average in football for my lifetime but would beat most of the 1a schools due to talent pool that comes with large numbers. However, coaching and culture does have a lot to due with it as well. Coach Maynord has Cookeville going in the right direction and hopefully they will compete against their region which is the toughest in the state.

This may be one of the dumbest comments on CoachT and your log in should be suspended for even saying it. It is not small factor it is a HUGE factor. The more kids you have the more talent your going to have, the more depth your going to have. Injuries won't impact you as bad because there may not be as much talent difference in your 1's and 2's. Also please don't refer to Maryville because I can list 20k high schools were reality of the number of students makes a difference your naming 1.

1 post in and your already asking for my account to be suspended....? All I'm trying to say is that enrollment is not as big of a factor. The original conversation was how Upperman is growing and that they will be competing at a high level just based on numbers this just doesn't add up. Yes more depth, yes more players to choose from, but state championships NO. Out of the top 5 schools based on enrollment there is only one state title between them. If enrollment was. HUGE factor as you stated then theses teams would have more than 1 state title. A good coach goes a long ways in high school football. Hope your team has one!

1 post in and your already asking for my account to be suspended....? All I'm trying to say is that enrollment is not as big of a factor. The original conversation was how Upperman is growing and that they will be competing at a high level just based on numbers this just doesn't add up. Yes more depth, yes more players to choose from, but state championships NO. Out of the top 5 schools based on enrollment there is only one state title between them. If enrollment was. HUGE factor as you stated then theses teams would have more than 1 state title. A good coach goes a long ways in high school football. Hope your team has one!

Enrollment is one of the biggest factors in public schools. If you have over 1400 or 1500...it is less of a factor. That is why there are 6 public classes. There are a few lower enrollment schools that could compete...but rarely any that would win a 6a title. Maryville is really the only exception.

Enrollment is one of the biggest factors in public schools. If you have over 1400 or 1500...it is less of a factor. That is why there are 6 public classes. There are a few lower enrollment schools that could compete...but rarely any that would win a 6a title. Maryville is really the only exception.

This why we have classes, but to say a school enrollment increasing (such as upperman) makes them alot better team is not true.

Edited by daddykriley