Knox Catholic at Morristown West

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're gonna have quite the shootout Saturday night.  The West front 7 all have big game experience but 3 new starters in the secondary against that passing attack could be scary, Its gonna be up to the West pass rush to get pressure on the Catholic QB which is a pretty tall task against that stacked oline .  On the other side Foreback has looked great throwing the ball down field in the preseason and the West receivers have improved tremendously since last year, I also think people are gonna be really surprised how little drop off West has at runningback. Blevins isn't as physically imposing as Delaney but very few are, he's just as fast if not faster and will have a pretty stout line making space for him. I think we're gonna see a really entertaining game

I think we're gonna have quite the shootout Saturday night. The West front 7 all have big game experience but 3 new starters in the secondary against that passing attack could be scary, Its gonna be up to the West pass rush to get pressure on the Catholic QB which is a pretty tall task against that stacked oline . On the other side Foreback has looked great throwing the ball down field in the preseason and the West receivers have improved tremendously since last year, I also think people are gonna be really surprised how little drop off West has at runningback. Blevins isn't as physically imposing as Delaney but very few are, he's just as fast if not faster and will have a pretty stout line making space for him. I think we're gonna see a really entertaining game

Question now is how much will West throw it this year with maybe our best passing game ever. No reason why West can't go deep in the playoffs again, even deeper than last year.

I think we're gonna have quite the shootout Saturday night.  The West front 7 all have big game experience but 3 new starters in the secondary against that passing attack could be scary, Its gonna be up to the West pass rush to get pressure on the Catholic QB which is a pretty tall task against that stacked oline .  On the other side Foreback has looked great throwing the ball down field in the preseason and the West receivers have improved tremendously since last year, I also think people are gonna be really surprised how little drop off West has at runningback. Blevins isn't as physically imposing as Delaney but very few are, he's just as fast if not faster and will have a pretty stout line making space for him. I think we're gonna see a really entertaining game

I agree with your take on the game.The one advantage Morristown West has is no-one is playing both ways.This could come to play if Catholic has a lot of players going both-ways.As a Morristown East Fan, I would hope one of these Kickoff Classic both Morristown Teams would have a chance off winning. It's looking like West is the team again in Morristown. I just hoping Fulton doesn't beat East,s by 50 points, that would be embarrassing. Make Morristown

proud, by up-setting Catholic or at lease make it entertaining.

Edited by EASTFAN

I agree with your take on the game.The one advantage Morristown West has is no-one is playing both ways.This could come to play if Catholic has a lot of players going both-ways.As a Morristown East Fan, I would hope one of these Kickoff Classic both Morristown Teams would have a chance off winning. It's looking like West is the team again in Morristown. I just hoping Fulton doesn't beat East,s by 50 points, that would be embarrassing. Make Morristown

proud, by up-setting Catholic or at lease make it entertaining.

The Kickoff Classic hasn't been kind to East I'll say that. They always seem to play a state powerhouse except the one year they played West Greene.

It will be fun to watch with all the weapons both teams have, but West will have to play lights out to stay in it and have a shot.

The one advantage Morristown West has is no-one is playing both ways.This could come to play if Catholic has a lot of players going both-ways.

This is an interesting take.  I don't know how many guys Catholic has playing both ways or how much they rotate but with it being a 4:30 kickoff and the first game of the season, tired legs are going to be a factor.  West normally has a pretty healthy rotation on the defensive front so that could potentially have an impact in the 2nd half.

We (Boone) played West in the jamboree.    They shredded our secondary with passing and had about a 60 yard run from inside the 1.  Yep, its a potent offense.

On defense however West did not look that great.    Not bad, but just not enough to really stop a team like Catholic.    Boone was able to move the ball all the way down the field and turned it over inside the 1 on a 4th down pass that just didn't quite make it.

We know Catholic is going to put up points, so for West to have a chance they have to shoot out the lights offensively.    West cannot afford to play catch up.    The offense must score every time they have the ball (tall order I know).      Catholic wins by 14.