Watertown at Gordonsville

croz6110

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time Watertown won back-to-back was 2008-09. Prior to that, it was 1990-91. Gordonsville 31-8 vs. Watertown since 1976. 

A reminder for anyone who can't make it to the game but would like to watch, DTC Sports will have a free, live web stream available at www.dtc3.tv. Season previews with coach interviews are currently available on the site. Friday telecast begins at 6:45 p.m. Game will also be shown on DTC channel 3 for those who have the DTC TV service. 

I saw Watertown scrimmage Smith County. They looked strong, at least in the scrimmage. Price is simply a playmaker at QB, looks more poised and made some really nice throws. Despite losing Turner (RB/LB) and Scales (WR), the skill positions look very solid. Vonte Bates will be a weapon both in the run game and at receiver. Ty Love looked like a bulldozer in the backfield, but has a second gear when in the open field. Offensive line is strong and experienced. More depth in the trenches this year, and that will be a big help, particularly early in these hot weather games. I did not see them against DeKalb County in the Jamboree, but saw a couple of highlights and heard some talk from the game. Again, Price made some nice throws as Watertown beat DeKalb, who is picked to win 4-3A. I know scrimmages are what they are, but what I've seen of Watertown, I have been impressed. I would love to be at the Watertown-Forrest game on September 30. That should be for all the marbles in 4-2A. Forrest has an excellent team back this year from all accounts, so that should be a great game!