winner of DB and Jeff will win it all

JPATS5

this might sound a bit absurd but these 2 teams are the most improved teams in 5a. both struggled in the early season; however, check out how they have played in the last 4 games. i'm very proud of both programs. everyone was down on mears and DB's early loses while jeff's new system was a laughing stock. however, after continued improvement by both teams, the 5a state championship will either go to DB or jeff. :)

[Edited by JPATS5 on 11-17-02 12:22A]

Posted by JPATS5:

this might sound a bit absurd but these 2 teams are the most improved teams in 5a. both struggled in the early season; however, check out how they have played in the last 4 games. i'm very proud of both programs. everyone was down on mears and DB's early loses while jeff's new system was a laughing stock. however, after continued improvement by both teams, the 5a state championship will either go to DB or jeff. :)

No way

Guest VOLCOWBOY

D.B. is a good team, and I've picked them on the Big Ones every time they've been on there, but they won't win it all. Maybe the sei-finals, but not the finals. I honestly think it will either be Germantown or Riverdale.

Posted by JPATS5:

I think you are right. That is absurd. If I looked at the four matchups next week amongst the 8 remaining teams and had to rank them in order that I thought one of those teams had a chance to win it all, then I`d pick the DB-Jeff. game last.

Guest AnonFan

It's a brand new season now.. anything can pretty much happen as you all have seen in past play-off history. I do agree though that idea of the winner of this game will win it all is kinda skeptic. It all comes down to how a team plays on that particular friday and particular matchup... Both teams are good and will have to play each other hard in order to advance. We will just have to wait and see

on paper i agree with your ranking of the 8 teams left. however, jeff and DB have come a long way, especially jeff (they are the sleeper amongst these teams). they have been the underdog in the first two rounds. as for DB, they really had a difficult time in their first four games. compare these 8 teams and you will agree both have improved more so than the other 6 teams. finally, jeff is loaded with tremendous speed at the skill positions, and as you know speed kills. :)

[Edited by JPATS5 on 11-17-02 4:04A]