Week 2 CLINTON @ MORRISTOWN EAST

92Dragon

I saw too much talent for East to beat y'all that bad, heck to even beat y'all at all. Seems that the kids have already quit on him smh

We have already had several players quit the team and probably about 10 to 15 walking the halls that

refuse to play for him. I'm not going to beat a dead horse, but I tried to tell everyone Kerr was not the right guy for this job. But I was willing to give him a chance and see what he could do. Hopefully our program doesn't get ran back into the ground, but that looks like the direction it's headed. After all these years, I've grown tired. I can't handle this losing like I used to.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave they have talent. That's the thing. 2 of the best WRs in East TN IMO. Size on both lines. I just don't get it. All you can figure out is it has to be coaching. Clinton has had the talent past few years to win 7-9 games. Unreal.

The team may have quit on the head coach. Clinton might ought to look for a new head coach in the offseason.

Dave they have talent. That's the thing. 2 of the best WRs in East TN IMO. Size on both lines. I just don't get it. All you can figure out is it has to be coaching. Clinton has had the talent past few years to win 7-9 games. Unreal.

I want to know where this talent is.  Yes they have 2 5'8 receivers and a sophomore qb with no experience.  Their best 2 defenders are transfers along with one of the receivers.  Their middle school has been average at best talent wise the last few years, and they get zero players from their other feeder school.  OR has 2 strong feeder schools that Clinton middle rarely beats and AC has 2 feeder schools and they rarely beat Norris.  Kerr may or may not be the right coach, but to think someone could do much better is crazy.

Dont tell me they should of given the job to Scotty.  He promised he wouldn't apply for the head coaching job if they named him a Asst Principal at CHS, sure enough the job came available a year later and he was the first to apply.  He sealed his own fate making that promise.

If Clinton wants to win it needs to start with Rec League.  They do not need 3 different Rec teams for an area so small.  

I want to know where this talent is. Yes they have 2 5'8 receivers and a sophomore qb with no experience. Their best 2 defenders are transfers along with one of the receivers. Their middle school has been average at best talent wise the last few years, and they get zero players from their other feeder school. OR has 2 strong feeder schools that Clinton middle rarely beats and AC has 2 feeder schools and they rarely beat Norris. Kerr may or may not be the right coach, but to think someone could do much better is crazy.

Dont tell me they should of given the job to Scotty. He promised he wouldn't apply for the head coaching job if they named him a Asst Principal at CHS, sure enough the job came available a year later and he was the first to apply. He sealed his own fate making that promise.

If Clinton wants to win it needs to start with Rec League. They do not need 3 different Rec teams for an area so small.

We all have opinions.

I want to know where this talent is. Yes they have 2 5'8 receivers and a sophomore qb with no experience. Their best 2 defenders are transfers along with one of the receivers. Their middle school has been average at best talent wise the last few years, and they get zero players from their other feeder school. OR has 2 strong feeder schools that Clinton middle rarely beats and AC has 2 feeder schools and they rarely beat Norris. Kerr may or may not be the right coach, but to think someone could do much better is crazy.

Dont tell me they should of given the job to Scotty. He promised he wouldn't apply for the head coaching job if they named him a Asst Principal at CHS, sure enough the job came available a year later and he was the first to apply. He sealed his own fate making that promise.

If Clinton wants to win it needs to start with Rec League. They do not need 3 different Rec teams for an area so small.

Good coaching goes a long way. Just look at Campbell County. A team that hardly ever won more than 2 or 3 games a year is now winning because they have a great coaching staff. Their coaching staff coaches them up and gets them to play lights out for them week in and week out.

You might be right about Clintons feeder programs, but once they get to high school, it's the head coach and the coaching staffs job to coach these boys up and I just don't see that happening. I see them quitting like they did at Rhea County last year. I hear about how Clinton decided to play up a classification because they didn't want to play Fulton and Catholic every year. Is this the kind of thing we want to teach our young kids? I don't think so....but That's none of my business I guess.