Alcoa plays cross county William Blount

BCsportsfan

Right on queue you appear! Seriously though, good to know you're around. I hope those reasons are positive in your career / life, and we'll enjoy reading your posts when you have a chance to chime in.

Yes CAK is running virtually the same offense, with a few new wrinkles thrown in. The OC is a CRB assistant who then was HC at the middle school Warrior program. They are a pass heavy team with a very good QB, but very capable RB's as well. We'll see what this all means as the year goes on. The new head coach is the DC and has a defensive back ground. Could prove to be a very good combination over the coming years if CAK can continue to develop talent and get kids on the field. Only in the mid 40's on the team including freshmen. Depth is a challenge. Injuries are a challenge.

Was afraid of that for the Warriors. I heard their depth was a concern. Still their passing game is usually deadly especially with someone like Cole Smith. If you guys do end up going to D-II in the next reclassification (don't know who all is and isn't), I hope we still play.

And it is a positive reason that I haven't been on as much, just to erase any concern there. I be good, bruh! ðŸ‘

Well Doc and Heather, I think this years Alcoa team will make their own mark on history. If we can stay close in the 4th qtr I predict a win over Maryville. Defense already looks better than expected and the offense is playing Rankin ball out of the gate. If we can make a run in the playoffs I have no idea who it will be on the other side.

I will hang up and listen...

Well Doc and Heather, I think this years Alcoa team will make their own mark on history. If we can stay close in the 4th qtr I predict a win over Maryville. Defense already looks better than expected and the offense is playing Rankin ball out of the gate. If we can make a run in the playoffs I have no idea who it will be on the other side.

I will hang up and listen...

Alcoa beating Maryville would shock the World

They have played out of state teams before a couple of times in the last few years. They've also traveled as far as west tn to play regular season games. They play Maryville every year, which has been in the State championship game almost every year in the last 15 and competes in the states biggest classification. They've played Fulton which has won over 4 state titles in the last decade and competes in two classifications above where Alcoa should be.

How many other public schools in TN can match that strength of schedule over the last 10 years?

when I say National I mean Trinity"ky" and st. Aquinas"Fl" etc... Edited by FBfan26

So much for the debate on playing a national schedule. All we have to do is beat Maryville to shock the world.

Shock TN not the world. I think they could beat alot of good teams and would love to see how they stack up. Im not saying it as a hater. I'm saying it as a fan of TN hs football.

Shock TN not the world. I think they could beat alot of good teams and would love to see how they stack up. Im not saying it as a hater. I'm saying it as a fan of TN hs football.

I respect that. I was  thinking when you play 2 teams every year that are 4 classifications above you and one of those has won more than 10 state championships and you play private schools that are a classification up from where you should be, your schools strength of schedule should never be questioned.

That being said, as a fan of TN football it would be fun to watch, so I see you point. Sorry if I misinterpreted your post

I respect that. I was thinking when you play 2 teams every year that are 4 classifications above you and one of those has won more than 10 state championships and you play private schools that are a classification up from where you should be, your schools strength of schedule should never be questioned.

That being said, as a fan of TN football it would be fun to watch, so I see you point. Sorry if I misinterpreted your post

lol its no problem bro. I would never question yalls strength of schedule. Just would love to she some TN teams be some high ranked teams out of state.