Happy valley at cloudland

THE KING

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really ready to pick this game. Not sure about what the Warriors have this year. I do know that if they still have the "Real Warrior" the Hicks kid then he himself could make it tuff for us. I feel that our heart and effort is for sure there this year. And after reading the Star write up I'm hoping for good things from our line. Hope our RBs are back to full speed come Friday night

Hicks kid is one of my favorite players in Carter Co. Just a fine kid and football player as well.

I'd say hv is hungry to get the season started after falling a second short against rockwood.  The tigers were in dire straits and should have been sent home.  We're going to have to really be prepared for a physical team this Friday.  We've owned happy valley for the past 3 seasons mostly because of Austin and Colby.  Now that Mike is back on the roan,  I'd say this game will be electric cause the warriors have not had much success against the dragon.

If our backs are healthy, our O line can open up holes for them to run and HV has NO passing game then we win! Lol! That's a lot that's gotta happen for us. But home field advantage with more excitement and a winning attitude in the air, we stand a better chance than most think. Cant wait to watch the game and also see that Hicks Young Man play, even tho I wish he was on our side.

If our backs are healthy, our O line can open up holes for them to run and HV has NO passing game then we win! Lol! That's a lot that's gotta happen for us. But home field advantage with more excitement and a winning attitude in the air, we stand a better chance than most think. Cant wait to watch the game and also see that Hicks Young Man play, even tho I wish he was on our side.

Only problem is HV does have a passing game.  They throw the ball very well.  We're gonna have some problems on the defensive side of the ball.  HV may very well be a better team than northview.  I think yards will be hard to come by, but with some good breaks, we can win this game. 

Only problem is HV does have a passing game.  They throw the ball very well.  We're gonna have some problems on the defensive side of the ball.  HV may very well be a better team than northview.  I think yards will be hard to come by, but with some good breaks, we can win this game. 

A bunch of good skill players. We just have to keep the ball and move the chains. It'll take a great effort but i sure wouldn't throw in the towel. Cloudland will be prepared.

Johnson City Press picked Happy Valley  to win the conference. They will be hard to handle.

The JC press sometimes has their judgment clouded by playing favorites or having ties to particular schools. I wouldn't put too much stock into those predictions. Happy Valley is a good team from upper East Tennessee, but we all know the farther East you go, the weaker the competition.

The JC press sometimes has their judgment clouded by playing favorites or having ties to particular schools. I wouldn't put too much stock into those predictions. Happy Valley is a good team from upper East Tennessee, but we all know the farther East you go, the weaker the competition.

When is the last time happy valley won a conference title?  Hampton will mow them down like a mac truck.  Ain't nothing gonna change in 1-aa.  Hampton will win it again. 

Edited by THE KING

Cloudland and Hampton has fared pretty well over the years.

Cloudland and Hampton has fared pretty well over the years.

Expert cannot argue either.  All region 2 was challenged last season.  My last recollection was Hampton took Grace and Sweetwater behind the barn and busted their hides.  Happy Valley competed with the almighty Tigers and should have won.  I can agree that east Tennessee as a whole don't have a full slate of good football teams, but you have to exclude Hampton and cloudland.  During the 1990's, we played in the same region as coalfield, Oneida, sunbright, knox catholic and most years we were just as good.  Coach Lunsford is as good a coach as you can get in this state.  I think if the kids ever decide to sell out and work as hard as they can and be committed in the offseason, we can win state championships up here.