TCA vs USJ

Intense

Don't know that I can comment on this one because haven't been to a USJ-Scotts Hill ( I presume) athletic contest .  I think it has been quite a number of years since they have played vs one another so your memory of elitist comments you have heard from the student sections must be keen.   I simply was trying to keep the comments to the players on the field and not which fans can be the most obnoxious or rude.  I respect that posters can comment on anything they want to but simply was trying to keep the comments about the game and the players/coaches involved.  

I had to "take the high road" when two daughters of mine and their friends (teammates) walked into the visitors locker at halftime, and read on the chalkboard at least twenty random slurs to their team's character, heritage, financial status, weight, looks, and sexual practices. Sort of etches a thing into ones memory. That was the worst, but not nearly the only incident. All those "kids" are now adults, or I wouldn't speak of it still. I do not consider myself to be obnoxious or rude, was just giving my opinion when TCA and USJ were compared to be similar. TCA and Scotts Hill have a heated rivalry...longtime 15A foes, but the fans and kids ALWAYS treat each other with respect, unlike USJ, which seems to have respect for no one...even to this day.

Please don't confuse this explanatory post with an apology...a father should never have to have his daughters made to feel inferior to cruel and sadistic brats who's parents wealth allows them to feel entitled, and I will NEVER apologize for bringing it to light twenty years after.

Edited by tradertwo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read your post and got mad-I have typed and deleted and retyped and deleted enough TCA incidents that would make your head spin-I'm sure TCA could do the same-Enough!! You want to stir and gripe and pile on and what's crazy is....this is a football thread! It's football! On behalf of the entire USJ community from inception until the end of time and this offer stands in perpetuity--I'M SORRY! SORRY FOR EVERYTHING! If you think reparations are in order please forward your mailing address--sheesh! In the immortal words of Clark Griswold "Holy ____ where's the Tylenol?"

I just read your post and got mad-I have typed and deleted and retyped and deleted enough TCA incidents that would make your head spin-I'm sure TCA could do the same-Enough!! You want to stir and gripe and pile on and what's crazy is....this is a football thread! It's football! On behalf of the entire USJ community from inception until the end of time and this offer stands in perpetuity--I'M SORRY! SORRY FOR EVERYTHING! If you think reparations are in order please forward your mailing address--sheesh! In the immortal words of Clark Griswold "Holy ____ where's the Tylenol?"

If you feel that way, you were never part of the problem. I do realize that it was long ago, has nothing to do with the TCA/USJ game the other night, has no place on a football thread, and is my own shortcoming for not being able to "let it go". Just frustrates me that from that night (when the administration was brought in by coach Chandler) to now that is has been passed of as "kids will be kids", and "both schools were doing it". Since you brought up Clark Griswold, do you remember the lengths he went to for his kids?

I got the Tylenol!

Edited by TCAIntense

I have been nice and tried to diffuse a situation. I will respond no more. Both of you are childish and act like your still in high school. I think you are by living vicariously through your kids. To get this wound up in a football forum is ridiculous. I don't know what either of you are talking about. If you have an allegation of damage please contact USJ administration. Guys do you know what you sound like to people who know you? am finished with CoachT-you guys are nuts!

I have been nice and tried to diffuse a situation. I will respond no more. Both of you are childish and act like your still in high school. I think you are by living vicariously through your kids. To get this wound up in a football forum is ridiculous. I don't know what either of you are talking about. If you have an allegation of damage please contact USJ administration. Guys do you know what you sound like to people who know you? am finished with CoachT-you guys are nuts!

I have pondered this a few days and you may be on here and may not. But you to get worked up on a football thread. You say this is a football thread but you forget character is a huge part of football. Not just X's and O's. You say that we act childish on here because we are ticked off because of the antics that your team did after all the work time and money that a lot of us have put into that field house. You say that we made allegations. No we stated facts. The fact is USJ did vandilize the locker room at TCA. That shows the character of a football team. Believe me I say these things not because I have everything right. I have serious character flaws. People who know me some will say I am a good person some will say I am a butt hole. Those are things that I can live with. One thing I do though is I challenge my on kids. I ask my kids if it is better to be remembered or is it better to be missed. To be remembered we all can accomplish that. The great running back that set school records are remembered. But also some of the worst people in the world are remembered because of their unspeakable acts. It is better to be missed. Because if you are missed there is a character issue that made you stick in people's mind to miss. So this is a football thread and things like this will be discussed because character is apart of football. And as far as me living vicariously through my kids. Yes I am guilty. But you say it as if it is a bad thing. The word means to experience something through someone else. So yes I am involved with my kids and I want to experience the good the bad and the ugly with them. That helps me to mold their character. So you can call me nuts all you want. I have a thick crusty old shell and I can take it. But I want leave you with one other thing. Coach Bradley took a great step to mold your young guys. He made the senior players go and apologize to coach Butler yesterday in person. That shows the character that your coach has. I hope you are not done with coach T and good luck to USJ the rest of the year.

Downtown Charlie,

I can confirm everything that Big Ed said in his post.  In fact, it goes much deeper than the damage that was done to the field house after the game.  However, listing everything on this forum serves no real purpose.  Restitution for the damage IS being made.  Like Big Ed said, it's a character issue.  I was not blessed to have children of my own. I can assure you that if I had done any of the things that were done to the field house, along with some other things that did happen, I would not have been worried about what the coach or the school would have done to me.  I would have been terrified of my Mom and what she would have done.   Heck, I am 54 and I still think my 81 year old Mom could take me down if she had too.  I know I sure as heck don't want to find out either.  The fact is  that USJ flat whipped TCA on the field.  The things that took place in the days before and after the game are all about character.  Character comes from the home and it certainly needs to be instilled into some folks. 

I respect how USJ's Coach Bradley has handled the situation.  Big Ed Mo, you continue to preach on my friend.

Guys-I can only offer my full apology. I just felt like we were getting hammered from every direction and then crazy allegations were made which turned out to be true. I'm embarrassed and sorry-that's all I know to say and we will make it right. Completely unacceptable and no excuses. None. Even the Vols are losing. Been a terrible day.

Guys-I can only offer my full apology. I just felt like we were getting hammered from every direction and then crazy allegations were made which turned out to be true. I'm embarrassed and sorry-that's all I know to say and we will make it right. Completely unacceptable and no excuses. None. Even the Vols are losing. Been a terrible day.[/quot

Thank you and very classy response. Thanks to your coach for making those Seniors apologize to Coach Butler. Hopefully they learned a life lesson. Good luck the rest of the year!

Edited by TCAIntense

Guys-I can only offer my full apology. I just felt like we were getting hammered from every direction and then crazy allegations were made which turned out to be true. I'm embarrassed and sorry-that's all I know to say and we will make it right. Completely unacceptable and no excuses. None. Even the Vols are losing. Been a terrible day.

thank you downtown. I do hope you continue to post you have had some very insightful post. Good luck