Walker Valley at Mcminn Co

bearhater

I thought the WV 2014 team had quite a bit of talent. Most McMinn fans thought the Cherokees would lose that game, but they won in a shootout.

2014 WV team was led in rushing & receiving by sophomores & in passing by a freshman. Probably most of the leading tacklers that year were sophomores as well. They did have some support from a few linemen that graduated last year, but all their skill guys from 2014 are still there

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the WV 2014 team had quite a bit of talent. Most McMinn fans thought the Cherokees would lose that game, but they won in a shootout.

2014 team has 5 players still there that played a lot. Qb. Running back. The other graduated last year. Another played DB. Another receiver. And had a freshman who shared time at Nose. Lost all their LBs. I think two are playing in college. One at UTC another playing a different sport at another school.

Alt, what's the scoop on McMinn.  Used to be a tough battle year in year out.  We are looking forward to our visit.  Still got the horse?  And one more thing.  I told my son I would ask if yall still had the shaved ice truck at home games.  

DaChamps pretty much had it right. McMinn is down on talent and hoping to control games with the Wing T. Didn't work with Bradley who put 9 in the box and dared them to pass. Against equal or lesser talent they will be a handful. But a good team, who gets ahead, they will be hard pressed to come back on.