Fulton at Anderson County

BigDave1967

Things are quiet in Maverickland.  This year and last year are tough.  I'm not giving up by any stretch but it's a little harder to have that swagger if you know what I mean. 

Yeah, I hear ya mav.  We just miss you guys.  We've had a lot of fun over the years.  It is way more fun when AC is really good.  Hang in there. too good of a program to be down long.   

What is this rezoning I'm hearing about?  Will that help Pal?

I've heard that mentioned, but I don't know anything about it. To be honest, the last round of rezoning helped Powell tremendously (Hardin Valley opened, which shifted a lot of the Karns, Powell, West, and Central zones), because it moved the Pleasant Ridge/South Clinton Hwy corridor into the Powell zone.

The problem isn't really a zoning issue, it's simply an effect of so much coaching turnover. Matt Lowe did an amazing job taking a good program and making it great, and I don't blame him at all for eventually taking over at King's Academy. It was the right move for anyone in his position; KCS just isn't in a position to reward someone like Lowe financially.

Derek Rang was a steal for that program in 2012, and despite losing some key pieces, he took Powell within one score of a second state title game appearance. Sadly, KCS let him twist in the wind because of the infamous testing "irregularity" issue the following spring. His status with KCS was up in the air for months, and he was right to move on with his career. He's doing an amazing job out in Dresden.

Toby Kilgore was a stop-gap hire; good guy but had his sights set on an admin position (which he has since achieved since moving to Karns, while ending his coaching career). 2014 was the death knell with John Allen. His short tenure decimated the program. The details of Allen's reign have certainly been discussed on this message board at length, but Rodney Ellison has his work cut out for him, trying to fix what Allen essentially broke. IMO, it all starts with rebuilding the roster. Easier said than done, especially with the privates (GCA in particular) pulling more and more kids from the zone. He's doing a good job so far, and Powell is noticeably better compared to last season, but they are still a few years away from being competitive.

Edited by osunut2

I could rub it in on AC and say I predicted this two years ago but I haven't. ... I feel for the kids expecially mason...hard to run the ball behind a weak line,..I know there counting on those 4 or 5 players from norris next year but you have to have more than that....a 5 win season next year still want change the future ..maybe 3 or 4 more years the fans will finally see....GT recruiting days from halls,central,union county and yes CC are over. Ac will have to make a change or they will always be a 500 or lower team..that's just my opinion

I could rub it in on AC and say I predicted this two years ago but I haven't. ... I feel for the kids expecially mason...hard to run the ball behind a weak line,..I know there counting on those 4 or 5 players from norris next year but you have to have more than that....a 5 win season next year still want change the future ..maybe 3 or 4 more years the fans will finally see....GT recruiting days from halls,central,union county and yes CC are over. Ac will have to make a change or they will always be a 500 or lower team..that's just my opinion

Hog, you have gone easy on them, that's for sure.  A kinder gentler Hog?