Riverdale / Blackman Back Yard Brawl

Warriors were pretty salty on Friday... I expect some tough games for both the Blaze and the Warriors this year. That being said I stick by my words that Riverdale is making the right moves to have a solid program again 

They are a work in progress for sure Blaze45! Best wishes to Blackman the rest of the way!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure what team you guys have been watching but this is a repeat of last year. They only thing that has changed are the faces. Players still playing both ways and getting worn out by the fourth quarter. A QB who has no poise and it completely out of sync. An offensive line that has more holes than swiss cheese. A running game that can only move the ball on busted plays. The complete lack of any passing game. The play calling which is suppose to be a pro style offensive that looks like its being run by a drunken Johhny Manzel. The complete lack of imagination on the offense. This team will be lucky to finish out with the same record they had last year. Sorry for telling the truth here but the only thing the new staff has done is instill weight training and some discipline but so far neither have manifest themselves on the field.

Unfortunately it seems that the negative comments regarding the program continue .... I am sure that players read posts and I would be embarrassed and ashamed if someone from Summit posted like this...regarding the program...

Two sayings come to mind...

1.) you are either with us or against us

2.) coaches coach, players play and parents parent

Good luck to the Warriors with a "fans" like this you gonna need it!

Im not sure what team you guys have been watching but this is a repeat of last year. They only thing that has changed are the faces. Players still playing both ways and getting worn out by the fourth quarter. A QB who has no poise and it completely out of sync. An offensive line that has more holes than swiss cheese. A running game that can only move the ball on busted plays. The complete lack of any passing game. The play calling which is suppose to be a pro style offensive that looks like its being run by a drunken Johhny Manzel. The complete lack of imagination on the offense. This team will be lucky to finish out with the same record they had last year. Sorry for telling the truth here but the only thing the new staff has done is instill weight training and some discipline but so far neither have manifest themselves on the field.

Unfortunately it seems that the negative comments regarding the program continue .... I am sure that players read posts and I would be embarrassed and ashamed if someone from Summit posted like this...regarding the program...

Sorry we cant all be like you Williamson County Give Them All A Hug And A trophy Type Parents! Life is real and so is football. The truth is sometimes painful but also necessary...

Sorry we cant all be like you Williamson County Give Them All A Hug And A trophy Type Parents! Life is real and so is football. The truth is sometimes painful but also necessary...

I guess the version of the truth is in how you see it.  I see coaches that  take ownership when they loose. Not say well those guys didn't do what they were told to... Not my fault.... I see players who believe in the coaches, the game plan and are excited to play for a school and people who believe in them.Are they ready to compete for the state championship? Heck no...Are they better off now than they were a year ago? Heck yes!!! No doubt still work to do.... But Rome was neither built or destroyed in a day... same goes for this football team/program. You play with the weapons and best you got.... Sounds to me like it is sour grapes. 

That's comical there is no everyone gets a trophy in Wilco but certainly a way to manage concerns outside of a social media blast and calling out specific players....... Coach just got there,,,cultural change takes time and is arguably one of the hardest accomplishments to pull off.... I compare it to turning the Titanic... Do it right and your in good shape and wrong well we all know what happened...

Edited by TGUN