Grace Christian Knoxville

17SoccerFan

Elite programs will never have girls with scoring titles. Strength of the opponents being a key factor.

Why isn't Karlie Paschall blowing up the scoring titles? She is one of the best players in the state...

It's because Ravenwood plays the top teams (and their district is brutal). Having a player score 1 or 2 goals against teams like Independence or Farragut or Houston is a whole lot better than scoring 6 against a rural district team.

The true test is how this young lady does against a team like Greeneville, CCS, Farragut, or Bearden. But Grace doesn't play those teams, so it is hard to judge.

Post season will show a lot if they make it to the state tournament (of which, I feel they have a good chance knowing the Knoxville and East TN areas). Get by Catholic and/or CAK and you have a great chance.

I can't deny any of what you said and I totally agree. We were pretty limited on our non District schedule having 12 teams in our district but we still played Knoxville Webb, Oak Ridge, and Alcoa and did really well against all three which includes beating Webb for the first time and Alcoa for the first time. Lost to Oak Ridge in a heartbreaker 3-2. We played Greeneville last year in the substate......lost 5-1....and they are better this year, simply stated, they are a machine. We've lost our starting GK last week....out for season.....due to fractured fibula but I feel that even with that loss, if we stay healthy we may be able to knock off the big two in region play which is CAK and Catholic. We will be in D2 next year and losing a talented goal scorer to graduation so hopefully these threads will calm down next season. We are very proud of their accomplishments this season and not bad coming from a small school of 316 enrollment. Once again, I respect your comments and agree as well.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone should calm down. As soon as Grace losses its one elite player running up the score will not be an issue.

You have no clue. She plays half a game normally and averages 3.8 goals per game in the one half. She's never outscored the team. The team averages 6.4 goals per game and part of the bench players averaged almost as much time as she does in most of the district games. You don't know any facts or stats about how GCA plays but if you are so inclined to jump on the haters bandwagon, why don't you come to watch them play? Better yet, why don't you and the AYSO soccer fans on here, that don't believe in scoring goals and recording them, why don't you bring up the three 70-0 football scores that were recorded across the state last night? Have a good day.

Ok. I will bring up. 70-0 is absurd as well in high school. Especially with a running clock once you get up by 35. However, we aren't talking about American Football. It's a systemic issue that for the good of high school sports needs to be addressed. Not with rules, but with Coaches behavior and coaches that instruct and teach their players how to win with class. Back in the day, running up the score would have been dealt with on the field by the players. If you start running up the score and try to embarrass the other team certain enforcers usually would put an end to it with a few hard tackles or a few hard fouls in basketball. Not intentionally trying to hurt people but getting the point across.

I am not advocating that either just making the point that at some point somebody is going to have enough and then it gets physical. We are talking about teenagers here that sometimes don't make the best decisions. Something to consider the next time your blowing somebody out and your star player has to get that 4th,5th, or 6th goal.

Everyone should calm down. As soon as Grace losses its one elite player running up the score will not be an issue.

You have no clue. She plays half a game normally and averages 3.8 goals per game in the one half. She's never outscored the team. The team averages 6.4 goals per game and part of the bench players averaged almost as much time as she does in most of the district games. You don't know any facts or stats about how GCA plays but if you are so inclined to jump on the haters bandwagon, why don't you come to watch them play? Better yet, why don't you and the AYSO soccer fans on here, that don't believe in scoring goals and recording them, why don't you bring up the three 70-0 football scores that were recorded across the state last night? Have a good day.

Are you leaving the thread or not? Multiple times you've left and each time you come back and say goofy stuff.

You obviously believe its ok to run up the score on teams so a kid can get the state scoring record. Most coaches I know have chosen not to do it , nor would they even consider doing it for a season to let a kid get a record.

ame="Ram Fan" post="3579857" timestamp="1475940704"]

Are you leaving the thread or not? Multiple times you've left and each time you come back and say goofy stuff.

You obviously believe its ok to run up the score on teams so a kid can get the state scoring record. Most coaches I know have chosen not to do it , nor would they even consider doing it for a season to let a kid get a record.

Goofy stuff....lol, sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. I do not understand what U do not understand.

1. Out of 16 games thus far, she has only played 3 games the entire 80 minutes.  Nine of the games she was done by halftime, the other four she played just under 60 minutes.

2. Her average is 3.8 goals per game.  If she just played 60 minutes of every game this season she would have already crushed the TSSAA state record.  Do you comprehend that?....do I need to spell it out for you?

3. Your words state above...."we're running up the score on teams so that a kid can get the state record."  That is the most ridiculous statement thus far. 

4. We have a freshman and a sophomore that has already combined for 40+ goals.....are they in the wrong too? Her 3.8 goals per game is not always going to win the game....it takes the teams average (without her) of 6.4 goals per game to complete the game and get the W. 

5.  You say I say goofy stuff.....well,  I am only relaying team stats and how they play.  As a fan,  we back our coach to the fullest extent.  

6. So,  why don't you come to watch us play next week in district tournament.  You may see in the early rounds how we've played MANY games this season. Let me refresh your memory on that.  On numerous games we've finished the game with 8-10 players on the field. Did you hear that,  the coach begins pulling players and sometimes down to 8. The coach places restrictions on all those type games as early as the first half.  So you ask, what are the restrictions Ram Fan?  Well, I'm glad you asked

A.  At least 5 different players MUST touch the ball before attacking, which includes our backs.

B. Once on the attack,  they can only score on crosses and headers if they have that opportunity before the 5 players touching ball.  Must score outside the 18. If they go inside the 18 without the 5 different players touching ball it will be turned back out.

C. May score on set pieces.  Do i need to explain to you what that is?

D. In case you don't know, a corner is a set piece as well.  On corners, must head the ball in.

E. Oh, guess what.  Most of these restrictions are placed early and last the entire 2nd half WITH THE BENCH PLAYERS IN!!!  Some that have not ever played the game of soccer too.  

So, if you think that with all these restrictions in,  with the bench players in, and the other team still cannot stop us with bench in and inexperienced players, Do u think we are not going to take a shot at goal?.....you my fiend,  you are in denial and YOU HAVE NO CLUE!!! 

"Playerscoach"  I think you may need to go coach AYSO or Upward.  

Let me answer your question as you started this thread.....NO, I will not leave this thread as long as there are no clue bloggers....(I'm being nice)....that simply.....HAVE NO CLUE about our team and have no clue about this great game of soccer.   Have a good day!

Goofy stuff....lol, sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. I do not understand what U do not understand.

1. Out of 16 games thus far, she has only played 3 games the entire 80 minutes. Nine of the games she was done by halftime, the other four she played just under 60 minutes.

2. Her average is 3.8 goals per game. If she just played 60 minutes of every game this season she would have already crushed the TSSAA state record. Do you comprehend that?....do I need to spell it out for you?

4. We have a freshman and a sophomore that has already combined for 40+ goals.....are they in the wrong too? Her 3.8 goals per game is not always going to win the game....it takes the teams average (without her) of 6.4 goals per game to complete the game and get the W.

5. You say I say goofy stuff.....well, I am only relaying team stats and how they play. As a fan, we back our coach to the fullest extent.

6. So, why don't you come to watch us play next week in district tournament. You may see in the early rounds how we've played MANY games this season. Let me refresh your memory on that. On numerous games we've finished the game with 8-10 players on the field. Did you hear that, the coach begins pulling players and sometimes down to 8. The coach places restrictions on all those type games as early as the first half. So you ask, what are the restrictions Ram Fan? Well, I'm glad you asked

A. At least 5 different players MUST touch the ball before attacking, which includes our backs.

B. Once on the attack, they can only score on crosses and headers if they have that opportunity before the 5 players touching ball. Must score outside the 18. If they go inside the 18 without the 5 different players touching ball it will be turned back out.

C. May score on set pieces. Do i need to explain to you what that is?

D. In case you don't know, a corner is a set piece as well. On corners, must head the ball in.

E. Oh, guess what. Most of these restrictions are placed early and last the entire 2nd half WITH THE BENCH PLAYERS IN!!! Some that have not ever played the game of soccer too.

So, if you think that with all these restrictions in, with the bench players in, and the other team still cannot stop us with bench in and inexperienced players, Do u think we are not going to take a shot at goal?.....you my fiend, you are in denial and YOU HAVE NO CLUE!!!

"Playerscoach" I think you may need to go coach AYSO or Upward.

Let me answer your question as you started this thread.....NO, I will not leave this thread as long as there are no clue bloggers....(I'm being nice)....that simply.....HAVE NO CLUE about our team and have no clue about this great game of soccer. Have a good day!

You are clueless. You just won 19-0. 19 to 0. I have been around plenty of excellent teams and coaches who could have done that and chose not to. Beating a team that bad is absolutely poor form. No justification is possible and you guys have made a habit of it.

Lastly, in yet another tome by you, " 3. Your words state above...."we're running up the score on teams so that a kid can get the state record." That is the most ridiculous statement thus far. " That actually was confirmed by you in this thread. Right?

Whether or not a kid plays a certain amount of minutes has no relationship to goals. She, confirmed in this thread, has scored a ton against weak competition. More than any coach I know would allow a good player.

Just live with it fella. Your coach, in obviously poor sportsmanship, has decided to run it up on teams. Why you just don't admit that is weird? Instead, you want to make personal attacks because I don't agree with you?

Lastly, I have had the good fortune to be around a ton of good coaches, talented players, and have coached hundreds myself. At no time have I EVER intentionally beaten any team like you guys have repeatedly done, nor have I seen another coach do it.

I'll make an offer to you to instead of watching how your team/coach handles these situations go watch just about ANYONE IN THE STATE whether HS or club and you'll see a stark difference in their approach.

Edited by Playerscoach

Beef up your schedule and this all goes away. You won't have to worry about limitations. Your stud can play the whole game. You won't have scores in the middle to high double digits. No one will give you any crap.

But no matter what limits you have, or how few players you have on the field, if you keep posting 16-0 scores, you will get grief.

You have EIGHT games in double digits. Greeneville, at least, has the excuse of being far away from elite teams, yet they don't hesitate to take on anyone. You are in Knoxville SURROUNDED by talented squads, yet I don't know if you play a ranked team from that area.

If you haven't learned by now, the harder you try to justify the scores the more crap you will get on these boards. But at least it is entertaining (sorry, probably not for you, but the boards have been kind of flat).

From what I have heard, you have a talented team (which has been building over the past few years). I look forward to seeing how you all will do in the post season. I think it could be interesting.

Either way, good luck!

You are clueless. You just won 19-0. 19 to 0. I have been around plenty of excellent teams and coaches who could have done that and chose not to. Beating a team that bad is absolutely poor form. No justification is possible and you guys have made a habit of it.

Lastly, in yet another tome by you, " 3. Your words state above...."we're running up the score on teams so that a kid can get the state record." That is the most ridiculous statement thus far. " That actually was confirmed by you in this thread. Right?

Whether or not a kid plays a certain amount of minutes has no relationship to goals. She, confirmed in this thread, has scored a ton against weak competition. More than any coach I know would allow a good player.

Just live with it fella. Your coach, in obviously poor sportsmanship, has decided to run it up on teams. Why you just don't admit that is weird? Instead, you want to make personal attacks because I don't agree with you?

Lastly, I have had the good fortune to be around a ton of good coaches, talented players, and have coached hundreds myself. At no time have I EVER intentionally beaten any team like you guys have repeatedly done, nor have I seen another coach do it.

I'll make an offer to you to instead of watching how your team/coach handles these situations go watch just about ANYONE IN THE STATE whether HS or club and you'll see a stark difference in their approach.

You're the one that said...." running up the score on teams so that a kid can get the state record." , I was simply telling you that is the most ridiculous statement thus far.  I would like to ask you a few questions about your opinion with simple yes-no answers.

1. Is it unsporty to play down to 8 players in the last 15-20 minutes?

2. Is it unsporty to place multiple restrictions on bench players....and they still score?

3. Our star player had scored 6 goals in just 1 game and as low as 1 goal in a couple games, she is averaging 3.8 goals per game. Numerous games she only scored 3 or 4.  Is it unsporty to let her score 3.8 goals per game?

4. Is it unsporty to just pass the ball all over the field from GK to backs, from backs to mids, from mids to forwards, from forwards back to outside mids, from outside mids back to right /left backs, from backs back to GK......and all the other team does is CHASE THE BALL?  We did that a few times and I'll tell you that the other teams did not like that.....period.  So, is that unsporty?  If so , we are in a lose lose situation apparently.

5. Is it unsporty to allow a player to score 3.8 goals per game regardless of competition.........mainly in 1st half and pulling her out the 2nd.....and giving her a chance to break a 20 year old scoring title? 

I do apologize if you feel there were personal attacks.  You know, these threads can sometimes do that to people....lol.  We obviously just disagree and that is ok.  But I would like for you to answer those above.  Thanks

Edited by Ram Fan

Beef up your schedule and this all goes away. You won't have to worry about limitations. Your stud can play the whole game. You won't have scores in the middle to high double digits. No one will give you any crap.

But no matter what limits you have, or how few players you have on the field, if you keep posting 16-0 scores, you will get grief.

You have EIGHT games in double digits. Greeneville, at least, has the excuse of being far away from elite teams, yet they don't hesitate to take on anyone. You are in Knoxville SURROUNDED by talented squads, yet I don't know if you play a ranked team from that area.

If you haven't learned by now, the harder you try to justify the scores the more crap you will get on these boards. But at least it is entertaining (sorry, probably not for you, but the boards have been kind of flat).

From what I have heard, you have a talented team (which has been building over the past few years). I look forward to seeing how you all will do in the post season. I think it could be interesting.

Either way, good luck!

I respect your comments and agree with some of it. As far as beefing up the schedule we are so limited because of having 12 teams in the district.  Non-districts games were,  Oak Ridge (ranked), Knoxville Webb (ranked), Alcoa (ranked), Seymour, Scott Co, Oliver Springs.  

Pre-season schedule was, Stone Memorial, Jefferson County, and Rhea County Play Day. 

These teams below are teams that we contacted or contacted us for pre-season or season play but could not fit in schedule.  Hardin Valley, Bearden, Sequoyah, Walker Valley,  Boyd Buchanan,  Silverdale.  We tried to fit in schedule but could not agree on date due to conflicts with other games.  Obviously HV and Bearden are elite class AAA teams and we would have loved to fit 1 of them in.  Don't know anything about the other 4. 

I agree,  we will not win no matter how hard we try to justify our scores.  That's the nature of the beast I just hardly never here it with football scores like 70-0 this weekend across the state three times. But.....yes it is entertaining for the readers and bloggers.....lol.

Thanks for the good luck wishes.  :thumb:

Edited by Ram Fan