Grace Christian Knoxville

17SoccerFan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now....about your other question.  We've played CAK the last 3 years and this year we decided to skip.  We will not play Catholic unless we have to...in which we've played them the last 3 years in region play.  If you want a reason why you can private message me. 

Coach I thought you had CAK on your schedule and you decided to cancel the game late in the season.  I thought that would have been a good match for your caliber.  

Now....about your other question.  We've played CAK the last 3 years and this year we decided to skip.  We will not play Catholic unless we have to...in which we've played them the last 3 years in region play.  If you want a reason why you can private message me. 

Coach I thought you had CAK on your schedule and you decided to cancel the game late in the season.  I thought that would have been a good match for your caliber.  

No, CAK was never on the schedule.  Our team did play CAK the past 3 seasons while our district was split therefore giving us more non-district games.  When our district was split, (East - West), we had 12 non districts games that we could play but once our district was combined back together this season we had 12 teams in our district which only left us 5 to schedule. When CAK coach called us back in December to see if we wanted to play again this season he was told all the above and added that our team may not have enough room to add them as we were also looking to play in a tournament. We kept Oak Ridge and Knox-Webb on our schedule and added Alcoa, Seymour and Scott County......unfortunately never did get in a tournament. 

But no, CAK was not ever on the schedule. 

Yes, it will be a good match for our caliber and we hope to get to that point but must win Tuesday vs Catholic to get that opportunity.

After looking at Eurosport I have to agree that those rankings are pretty accurate. I feel like we are a top 5 team but hey...top 10 still looks good. I guess coachT is more easily accessible is why I tend to look at it more but realistically computer rankings are never accurate.

Trust me, we know that we need to win region to avoid Greeneville.....we do NOT want to make that trip again this year for substate as they are even better than last year. They are a machine. I just hate it that they are even in class A/AA with 950 enrollment and we have a mere 316 but......it is what it is.

Thanks for voting for us. If this is coach G, former CAK coach now at CPA, I met you a few years ago as you came to speak at our soccer banquet. Good to hear from you again.

🤔

After looking at Eurosport I have to agree that those rankings are pretty accurate.  I feel like we are a top 5 team but hey...top 10 still looks good.  I guess coachT is more easily accessible is why I tend to look at it more but realistically computer rankings are never accurate.

Trust me,  we know that we need to win region to avoid Greeneville.....we do NOT want to make that trip again this year for substate as they are even better than last year.  They are a machine.  I just hate it that they are even in class A/AA with 950 enrollment and we have a mere 316 but......it is what it is. 

Thanks for voting for us.  If this is coach G, former CAK coach now at CPA,  I met you a few years ago as you came to speak at our soccer banquet.  Good to hear from you again.

It's funny any private school would be complaining about a Public school being in a classification. Greeneville doesn't have 950 students by the way even with they new enrollment # that came out for the new classifications.

It's funny any private school would be complaining about a Public school being in a classification. Greeneville doesn't have 950 students by the way even with they new enrollment # that came out for the new classifications.

I was simply going by the last enrollment figure that I saw from 2015 and it may have been for 2014?. You may be right but that's what I did see. I'm not complaining......Greeneville is a machine and I believe they could beat anyone in East TN regardless of class or division.

I was simply going by the last enrollment figure that I saw from 2015 and it may have been for 2014?. You may be right but that's what I did see. I'm not complaining......Greeneville is a machine and I believe they could beat anyone in East TN regardless of class or division.

For over a decade GV played up in AAA. Only recently have they played in AA where they belong. They have always been strong.

Edited by soccer67

Grace was a quality squad.  Great possession in the midfield and that #1 is a huge threat.

Fortunately, we were able to prevent her from scoring, however she did get some good looks when she was able to turn and face the goal.

Well played Grace.

CPA 1

Grace 0

Final