Grace Christian Knoxville

17SoccerFan

I respect your comments and agree with some of it. As far as beefing up the schedule we are so limited because of having 12 teams in the district.  Non-districts games were,  Oak Ridge (ranked), Knoxville Webb (ranked), Alcoa (ranked), Seymour, Scott Co, Oliver Springs.  

Pre-season schedule was, Stone Memorial, Jefferson County, and Rhea County Play Day. 

These teams below are teams that we contacted or contacted us for pre-season or season play but could not fit in schedule.  Hardin Valley, Bearden, Sequoyah, Walker Valley,  Boyd Buchanan,  Silverdale.  We tried to fit in schedule but could not agree on date due to conflicts with other games.  Obviously HV and Bearden are elite class AAA teams and we would have loved to fit 1 of them in.  Don't know anything about the other 4. 

I agree,  we will not win no matter how hard we try to justify our scores.  That's the nature of the beast I just hardly never here it with football scores like 70-0 this weekend across the state three times. But.....yes it is entertaining for the readers and bloggers.....lol.

Thanks for the good luck wishes.  :thumb:

I'm sorry, but where do you see that Oak Ridge and Alcoa are ranked? Alcoa lost to CAK, Catholic, Grace, and tied the other "ranked" Oak Ridge team 0-0. And Webb lost to Oak a Ridge 0-4.

I will say oak ridge has a tough schedule, at least.

I'm trying to see it from your perspective, but that's a tough sell.

If you are going on the coach t ranking, that is a computer based program and quite innacurate.

While the Eurosportsdoreboard isn't perfect, it is at least voted on by coaches around the state.

Are you all going D2 next year? That could make your scheduling easier as there will be fewer district games.

Who is your next match against?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but where do you see that Oak Ridge and Alcoa are ranked? Alcoa lost to CAK, Catholic, Grace, and tied the other "ranked" Oak Ridge team 0-0. And Webb lost to Oak a Ridge 0-4.

I will say oak ridge has a tough schedule, at least.

I'm trying to see it from your perspective, but that's a tough sell.

If you are going on the coach t ranking, that is a computer based program and quite innacurate.

While the Eurosportsdoreboard isn't perfect, it is at least voted on by coaches around the state.

Are you all going D2 next year? That could make your scheduling easier as there will be fewer district games.

Who is your next match against?

That's correct, the CoachT rankings which are computer based.  Unfortunately TSSAA high school soccer does't have AP and Sportswriter rankings like the primary 4 sports in high school.  True, they are not perfect but I feel the only one that is somewhat close since they are based on schedule strength and success. 

Yes, we are going D2 next year and I agree as the district will not be a nightmare trying to schedule with 12 teams anymore. 

Concord Christian first round then the winner of GP - Carter in second.

That's correct, the CoachT rankings which are computer based.  Unfortunately TSSAA high school soccer does't have AP and Sportswriter rankings like the primary 4 sports in high school.  True, they are not perfect but I feel the only one that is somewhat close since they are based on schedule strength and success. 

Yes, we are going D2 next year and I agree as the district will not be a nightmare trying to schedule with 12 teams anymore. 

Concord Christian first round then the winner of GP - Carter in second.

Well of course you like the Coach T rankings... they have you at #2 in the "strength and success" poll!   ^_^   Who wouldn't like that?

Rankings

The same poll that has Houston (who I believe has not lost a game in 2 years) as ranked 5th in AAA.

I, myself, have voted for you in my top 10 on the Eurosportscoreboard coaches poll (which is done by coaches across the state each week).  

Eurosport

We look at both strength of schedule, and results, without just number crunching.  I personally spend a lot of time looking at the outcomes from the week before I send in my list.  

I think this will be a good year for your squad.  Just make sure you win regions.  I would not want to have to face Greeneville in sectionals.

You're the one that said...." running up the score on teams so that a kid can get the state record." , I was simply telling you that is the most ridiculous statement thus far. I would like to ask you a few questions about your opinion with simple yes-no answers.

1. Is it unsporty to play down to 8 players in the last 15-20 minutes?

2. Is it unsporty to place multiple restrictions on bench players....and they still score?

3. Our star player had scored 6 goals in just 1 game and as low as 1 goal in a couple games, she is averaging 3.8 goals per game. Numerous games she only scored 3 or 4. Is it unsporty to let her score 3.8 goals per game?

4. Is it unsporty to just pass the ball all over the field from GK to backs, from backs to mids, from mids to forwards, from forwards back to outside mids, from outside mids back to right /left backs, from backs back to GK......and all the other team does is CHASE THE BALL? We did that a few times and I'll tell you that the other teams did not like that.....period. So, is that unsporty? If so , we are in a lose lose situation apparently.

5. Is it unsporty to allow a player to score 3.8 goals per game regardless of competition.........mainly in 1st half and pulling her out the 2nd.....and giving her a chance to break a 20 year old scoring title?

I do apologize if you feel there were personal attacks. You know, these threads can sometimes do that to people....lol. We obviously just disagree and that is ok. But I would like for you to answer those above. Thanks

To answer your questions I'll give an overall reply.

No. I do not think its ok to ever score that many goals regardless of restrictions placed on players. Individually, scoring three goals in a blowout against weaker teams is about my limit. I've seen players score 5 in closely contested HS games and six in the same type travel games though.

Coach G from CPA is now in this thread. His team has had one double digit win in five years . I am certain he could have easily had many more but obviously chose not to. Why?

As far as the personal attacks go it's ok. I didn't "feel" that's what you were doing all those times, I read that's what you were doing. No biggie. Sometimes keyboards are more free speaking than man to man discussions.

I'm heading to Atlanta right now (4:12 am) so my kiddo can get in an ECNL game so if anyone is up feel free to post. Playoffs are starting and it appears they will be great again. Our HS team has had four starters out all year and we aren't deep enough to make noise without a ton if luck.

Good luck and safe travels to all!!!

Well of course you like the Coach T rankings... they have you at #2 in the "strength and success" poll!   ^_^   Who wouldn't like that?

Rankings

The same poll that has Houston (who I believe has not lost a game in 2 years) as ranked 5th in AAA.

I, myself, have voted for you in my top 10 on the Eurosportscoreboard coaches poll (which is done by coaches across the state each week).  

Eurosport

We look at both strength of schedule, and results, without just number crunching.  I personally spend a lot of time looking at the outcomes from the week before I send in my list.  

I think this will be a good year for your squad.  Just make sure you win regions.  I would not want to have to face Greeneville in sectionals.

After looking at Eurosport I have to agree that those rankings are pretty accurate.  I feel like we are a top 5 team but hey...top 10 still looks good.  I guess coachT is more easily accessible is why I tend to look at it more but realistically computer rankings are never accurate.

Trust me,  we know that we need to win region to avoid Greeneville.....we do NOT want to make that trip again this year for substate as they are even better than last year.  They are a machine.  I just hate it that they are even in class A/AA with 950 enrollment and we have a mere 316 but......it is what it is. 

Thanks for voting for us.  If this is coach G, former CAK coach now at CPA,  I met you a few years ago as you came to speak at our soccer banquet.  Good to hear from you again.

Edited by Ram Fan

To answer your questions I'll give an overall reply.

No. I do not think its ok to ever score that many goals regardless of restrictions placed on players. Individually, scoring three goals in a blowout against weaker teams is about my limit. I've seen players score 5 in closely contested HS games and six in the same type travel games though.

Coach G from CPA is now in this thread. His team has had one double digit win in five years . I am certain he could have easily had many more but obviously chose not to. Why?

As far as the personal attacks go it's ok. I didn't "feel" that's what you were doing all those times, I read that's what you were doing. No biggie. Sometimes keyboards are more free speaking than man to man discussions.

I'm heading to Atlanta right now (4:12 am) so my kiddo can get in an ECNL game so if anyone is up feel free to post. Playoffs are starting and it appears they will be great again. Our HS team has had four starters out all year and we aren't deep enough to make noise without a ton if luck.

Good luck and safe travels to all!!!

Does your daughter attend CAK?

After looking at Eurosport I have to agree that those rankings are pretty accurate.  I feel like we are a top 5 team but hey...top 10 still looks good.  I guess coachT is more easily accessible is why I tend to look at it more but realistically computer rankings are never accurate.

Trust me,  we know that we need to win region to avoid Greeneville.....we do NOT want to make that trip again this year for substate as they are even better than last year.  They are a machine.  I just hate it that they are even in class A/AA with 950 enrollment and we have a mere 316 but......it is what it is. 

Thanks for voting for us.  If this is coach G, former CAK coach now at CPA,  I met you a few years ago as you came to speak at our soccer banquet.  Good to hear from you again.

I was actually just thinking about that banquet this week.  In my "timehop" looking back several years, I had posted something on Twitter congratulating Grace (and coach Larry) for going 15-1!  Does Larry still help out?

That was a fun night.

And Playerscoach's daughter plays at DCA in Nashville (most likely to be a CPA district rival next season)!

I was actually just thinking about that banquet this week.  In my "timehop" looking back several years, I had posted something on Twitter congratulating Grace (and coach Larry) for going 15-1!  Does Larry still help out?

That was a fun night.

And Playerscoach's daughter plays at DCA in Nashville (most likely to be a CPA district rival next season)!

No, Larry is not at Grace anymore.  

Yes that was a great evening and we definitely loved your speech.  

I was just wondering because I heard that there's a good soccer player that attends CAK but decided to travel and play ECNL only this Fall.  

I'm pretty sure Playerscoach daughter is the crafty center midfielder at DCA. Am I right?

Yep. She plays CM for TSC and CM/F for BUSA. She plays CM for DCA depending on who we play and how healthy we are. Lol. She plays F when we are healthy.

CPA with its 449 enrollment will most likely be our district foe next year. 👀 Lol I look forward to those matchups if our kids are healthy this time. If not we have no chance. 👎