Week 4: Oneida @ Kings Academy

crow

Sheesh.....I know Kings is a solid team and we have to stay on our toes.  I, for one, won't concede defeat before we march onto their field and I don't think the kids will either.  Coach lambert says this is a young, lunch pail group and they work hard through the week.  It going to be easy to point out our flaws, but we seem to have viable strong points too.  GB can do what they do to a lot of teams, our task is to snap and clear.  If we engage in the next one ahead we can regain some badly needed momentum.  Don't forget your pails men......travel well and lets get to it.

Kazator

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to the Indians this week! Would love to hear you guys get that W against TKA. Regarding the GB game, we just had too many horses that played well for the outcome to have been any closer. GB had no turnovers and Indians had a couple from what I remember giving us short fields. For a closer game Oneida needed to turn us over and not give it up themselves. I will be honest and say my son was hoping not to have one of those long churn it out slobber knockers type of game which would have been more the tempo/style the Indians like to play. We wanted to score and score fast then get quick stops. We executed that so thus the outcome. Anyways good luck Friday!

Edited by ladykee

I'll agree Crow because no matter what Oneida is gonna do what they always have done. No need to gripe about something that will never change. However I would like to see a few "trick plays" or something. Last very good one I remember was the Final 4 in 08 with the halfback pass for a TD against Trousdale.

Yep I remember well. Funny you should mention the '08 season. We averaged 4 pass attempts per game that year but threw 12 times the TC game if I remember correctly so that bumped the average a little. I respect the fact that your opinion is something different needs to be done but what you're not recognizing is it has changed a fair amount. We were 90/10 when you were there, it honestly has changed to a fairly balanced offense.

As for changing things up a bit, I don't disagree but I know almost nothing about the coaching side of football. Have you got to see a game this year yet spike? I can tell ya this, all you can do is run what ya brung. We're gonna take some lumps this year but the next couple could be fun. Gotta become fundamentally sound and perfect the little things first. The main thing we can do this season is just stay healthy and get better each week. Oh yeah and work on tackling better. I've saw more missed tackles these 3 games than in most seasons. Just gotta get up to game speed. We've got 3 teams with plenty of speed in a row. It'll help as the season rolls.

Best of lock to the Indians this week! Would love to hear you guys get that W against TKA. Regarding the GB game, we just had too many horses that played well for the outcome to have been any closer. GB had no turnovers and Indians had a couple from what I remember giving us short fields. For a closer game Oneida needed to turn us over and not give it up themselves. I will be honest and say my son was hoping not to have one of those long churn it out slobber knockers type of game which would have been more the tempo/style the Indians like to play. We wanted to score and score fast then get quick stops. We executed that so thus the outcome. Anyways good luck Friday!

The mishandled punt was a turning point. Not saying that lost us the game by any means but at 14-7 getting the ball then giving it back inside the +30 was a big swing. IF we could have put the grind on that drive I think it would have at least been more interesting a little longer. But like you said, just to many horses.

Guest Fall101

Yep I remember well. Funny you should mention the '08 season. We averaged 4 pass attempts per game that year but threw 12 times the TC game if I remember correctly so that bumped the average a little. I respect the fact that your opinion is something different needs to be done but what you're not recognizing is it has changed a fair amount. We were 90/10 when you were there, it honestly has changed to a fairly balanced offense.

As for changing things up a bit, I don't disagree but I know almost nothing about the coaching side of football. Have you got to see a game this year yet spike? I can tell ya this, all you can do is run what ya brung. We're gonna take some lumps this year but the next couple could be fun. Gotta become fundamentally sound and perfect the little things first. The main thing we can do this season is just stay healthy and get better each week. Oh yeah and work on tackling better. I've saw more missed tackles these 3 games than in most seasons. Just gotta get up to game speed. We've got 3 teams with plenty of speed in a row. It'll help as the season rolls.

Yeah I was at Meigs and couldn't make GB. I'll agree the D is possibly the slowest the Coach L has had. However that's not his fault it's being a single A ball club. I vented the other day about run/pass but I will agree it has developed a lot since I was there. Again though when I was there we had the cats to run it down people's throats and that won us a lot of ball games. Again though not gonna say names but Crow you know as well as me that 1 of the QBs we had would run it every time HIMSELF no matter the play call. Hopefully this team will get better each week and makes some noise in November.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but will Oneida have a losing record this season? If so, how long has it been since that happened?

I've been watching faithfully since 2005 and have witnessed 2. 2005 was 4-6 then 2010 was 5-5 regular season and lost round 1 in the playoffs so ended 5-6.

Edited by crow

This is true.....'92 was a strong ball club.  Big linemen, as many as 4 excellent RB's, the wideouts and tight-ends caught just about everything thrown to them.  I mean they weren't world beaters, they even lost one in regular season (to LA), but they were a very determined football team.  Stan had a cannon AND touch.....good combination.  That group got it done.

Kazzy