Humboldt at Peabody

JungleJim125

should be a good game but I'm taking Humboldt by seven (7) but if they can cut down on the silly penalties, Vikes win by fourteen (14)! Hopefully,I'll be able to make it to the game this Friday since I will be in West Tn this weekend, never been to Trenton new stadium.

I agree Humboldt always seem to have alot of penalties and stupid ones to. Coach Reed seems to be doing a better job this year to get the players attention. I was told he kicked some players off the team for a couple of good reasons. Which he should have done 2 years ago. This team has improved from the teams he coached the last couple of years. Coach needs to kept it up to get the program better. This will be a good football game to watch. I just wished it would cool off this hot weather needs to go lol! Humboldt's offense looks better than last year and defense is playing well. Peabody also Tide have a QB who can sling the ball downfield and two good backs. They got a couple of big boys if they start catching the ball Tide will be hard for Humboldt to beat. The same goes for Peabody if they cant stop the speed Humboldt will bring then Humboldt will also be hard to handle.This a very important game for both teams. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go with Trenton, but Humboldt winning would not surprise me a bit... I'm still impressed that they beat South Fulton like they did.

Region games against Gleason, Greenfield, West Carroll and Lake Co. makes things look promising if they can knock off Trenton this week. If Humboldt can pull this win out, it puts them at 2-0 in the region and will almost guarantee a playoff spot if they take care of business in the other region games like they should. In my opinion, this game is for the #3 and #4 spots in the region...

I think most people were surprised Humboldt beat South Fulton so bad so was i. I agree with you this is a very important game for both teams. Speed vs power should be a great game!

According to coacht schedules, you beat them 32-8 and 20-14....

I was at the game when you beat them 32-8 in Tiptonville, and had you not had Stavonski Wilkes, you would've lost that game 32-8 as he accounted for all of your touchdowns in that game and ran for 250+ yards....

Also, beating them 20-14 last year isn't saying much. Those 2 Humboldt teams are some of the worst Humboldt teams I've seen in recent memory. This years Humboldt team seem to have a little extra something that they haven't had the past two years. 

Humboldt getting beat by Milan was expected. This week, I'm unsure what to expect from this game. Humboldt has a chance to prove themselves against Peabody this week, only time will tell how good they really are.

Milan has a good football team again this year. To me Humboldt holding to Milan to 14 points in the first half was surprising. I thought this game would have been over at least by midway through the third quarter. Humboldt just did not have the depth to hang with Milan. This will be a interesting game. Both teams need this game!

Edited by JungleJim125

We welcome you to the Palace. It is a beautiful stadium. I too think this will be a 1 or 2 touchdown game either way. This should be the year Humboldt gets Trenton but I have to go with the home team. Without the penalties and called back touchdowns-Trenton put up around 650 total yards against a good UC Team. Of course UC did likewise and they finished what they started. Hopefully Trenton will have a full roster this Friday. Good luck to both teams

Tide had nowhere near 650 yds////stats in front of me say they had just over 400

Tide had nowhere near 650 yds////stats in front of me say they had just over 400[/quote

650 & 400 yards is a big difference and how many of those 400 yards was made on the 1st team defense? Racking up yards on the 2nd & 3rd string in a blow-out isn't impressive! Humboldt needs to show up & play football because every team is going to be different and you can't worry about who beat who & by how much! A lot of Viking alumni's that live in Trenton now have kids that play for Trenton so it should be a big crowd at game!

Union City played their starters the entire game. Peabody had 265 first half yards on the best defense in the region, if it hadn't been for mistake a young team makes they should probably of scored 35. So you're telling me you think Humboldt can hold Peabody to 14? I believe you're sadly mistaken.

Edited by BigOrange99

Union City played their starters the entire game. Peabody had 265 first half yards on the best defense in the region, if it hadn't been for mistake a young team makes they should probably of scored 35. So you're telling me you think Humboldt can hold Peabody to 14? I believe you're sadly mistaken.

Humboldt has a good defense like i said giving up only 14 in the first half against a good Milan football team i thought was pretty darn good as well. Good luck to both teams.

Tide had nowhere near 650 yds////stats in front of me say they had just over 400[/quote

650 & 400 yards is a big difference and how many of those 400 yards was made on the 1st team defense? Racking up yards on the 2nd & 3rd string in a blow-out isn't impressive! Humboldt needs to show up & play football because every team is going to be different and you can't worry about who beat who & by how much! A lot of Viking alumni's that live in Trenton now have kids that play for Trenton so it should be a big crowd at game!

I knew when i saw Peabody rolled up 650 yards on Union City those stats were wrong lol!

Edited by JungleJim125

You are right in that UC played the starters for the entire game but I wouldn't say that we have the best defense in the region. In fact I think that's one of our weaknesses. We know how to get after the football but we still give up way too much on defense. Once again, it's a lot of people playing in new positions. I'm certain we will get the issues we are having corrected in time for the playoffs. Enough about UC. This is not our thread. Just wanted to chime in on this one comment.

Well, the game is tomorrow so time will tell who wins this game but I'm taking my Vikes by seven (7) & like I said early fourteen (14) if we cut down mistakes! Like BigSwo said, " this is a Humboldt/Trenton thread so we can throw out what happen the first three (3) games & settle it tomorrow night"!