Humboldt at Peabody

JungleJim125

I'm not sure if you're right on that.... I thought the lawsuit several years back closed any school in Gibson Co. from being open zone... I will call and check on that tomorrow...

You can call if you like. No matter what answer you get it wont change their policy. All you have to do is go look at it. I mentioned where to find it in a previous post. Milan has the same policy.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to address Maline and the loss to you guys last year. In the first 3qtrs of that game there were designed plays and the Milan defense pretty much shut down everything Trenton tried to do. Your defense kept you close. In the 4th qtr Malone was allowed to improvise on every play. Jacobs even said so in the Jackson sun after the game. His ability to make people miss won that game for you guys. I will say your defense kept it close and the kicker hit the field goal at the end to go ahead but make no mistake. Malone did the damage. Without him you lose that game.

Malone was a special athlete and he deserves his props but I saw Coach Jacob commit to one play on that last drive and that was Malone following a great lineman in Zay Norman. We drove the length of the field and Milan could not stop us. In the end it is still a team game. I like to win all of the Milan games but the win swapping every other year makes for a better rivalry. 

Wayne Co gave them all they wanted and stayed in it until the end last year but just couldn't get it done, Peabody was never in it. It was closer at kickoff than the rest of the game. From what I had read and heard I was expecting a good game. I didn't know if they just had one of those off nights or what.

Peabody had issues all year with dr. Jekyl mr. Hyde team. They were better than they played. It was very depressing to see that team end on a note like that. The wins over Dresden and UC drained those guys but you would think playing in the semis would motivate them to play better. High School kids, what can you say

Who you picking in this one?

I'm going to go with Trenton, but Humboldt winning would not surprise me a bit... I'm still impressed that they beat South Fulton like they did.

Region games against Gleason, Greenfield, West Carroll and Lake Co. makes things look promising if they can knock off Trenton this week. If Humboldt can pull this win out, it puts them at 2-0 in the region and will almost guarantee a playoff spot if they take care of business in the other region games like they should. In my opinion, this game is for the #3 and #4 spots in the region...

I'm going to go with Trenton, but Humboldt winning would not surprise me a bit... I'm still impressed that they beat South Fulton like they did.

Region games against Gleason, Greenfield, West Carroll and Lake Co. makes things look promising if they can knock off Trenton this week. If Humboldt can pull this win out, it puts them at 2-0 in the region and will almost guarantee a playoff spot if they take care of business in the other region games like they should. In my opinion, this game is for the #3 and #4 spots in the region...

should be a good game but I'm taking Humboldt by seven (7) but if they can cut down on the silly penalties, Vikes win by fourteen (14)! Hopefully,I'll be able to make it to the game this Friday since I will be in West Tn this weekend, never been to Trenton new stadium.

should be a good game but I'm taking Humboldt by seven (7) but if they can cut down on the silly penalties, Vikes win by fourteen (14)! Hopefully,I'll be able to make it to the game this Friday since I will be in West Tn this weekend, never been to Trenton new stadium.

We welcome you to the Palace. It is a beautiful stadium. I too think this will be a 1 or 2 touchdown game either way. This should be the year Humboldt gets Trenton but I have to go with the home team. Without the penalties and called back touchdowns-Trenton put up around 650 total yards against a good UC Team. Of course UC did likewise and they finished what they started. Hopefully Trenton will have a full roster this Friday. Good luck to both teams

Edited by allgoodlf

You are aware the Vikings have lost to Lake Co the last two years?

You are aware the Vikings have lost to Lake Co the last two years?

According to coacht schedules, you beat them 32-8 and 20-14....

I was at the game when you beat them 32-8 in Tiptonville, and had you not had Stavonski Wilkes, you would've lost that game 32-8 as he accounted for all of your touchdowns in that game and ran for 250+ yards....

Also, beating them 20-14 last year isn't saying much. Those 2 Humboldt teams are some of the worst Humboldt teams I've seen in recent memory. This years Humboldt team seem to have a little extra something that they haven't had the past two years. 

Humboldt getting beat by Milan was expected. This week, I'm unsure what to expect from this game. Humboldt has a chance to prove themselves against Peabody this week, only time will tell how good they really are.

Edited by GCPioneer