Waverly at Fairview

Swarm

I felt really good about Fairview's chances in this match up until last night. Absolute horrible performance. Penalties, turnovers, shoulder bump tackling, etc. I heard on the radio we had 32 offensive plays the whole game...

I don't know a great deal about Waverly other than they will be really good in every phase of the game and will give everything they have in an effort to get the W.

Waverly fans- Fairview is powerful on the line of scrimmage. Pass coverage is greatly improved. Pass rush is our greatest attribute (IMO). Running game is strong with multiple ball carriers. Passing game is improving week to week. Special teams is very solid too, compared to the last couple seasons.

Tell us what to expect from this year's Tiger squad.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt really good about Fairview's chances in this match up until last night. Absolute horrible performance. Penalties, turnovers, shoulder bump tackling, etc. I heard on the radio we had 32 offensive plays the whole game...

I don't know a great deal about Waverly other than they will be really good in every phase of the game and will give everything they have in an effort to get the W.

Waverly fans- Fairview is powerful on the line of scrimmage. Pass coverage is greatly improved. Pass rush is our greatest attribute (IMO). Running game is strong with multiple ball carriers. Passing game is improving week to week. Special teams is very solid too, compared to the last couple seasons.

Saw Waverly in the spring and. Fairview last night. If Stewart County had the passing

To go with the run last night then the Jackets could have been in trouble. Fairviews trouble

Will be that Waverly can do both. Better show up ready to play .

Your saw the absolute worst of Fairview last night Reb84. I wouldn't expect to win anything with a performance like that.

Having said that, what makes you think we can't stop the run? What did your running back have 100 yards on 40 carries maybe? Penalties helped you guys move the ball a tremendous deal.

EDIT. Sorry i misinterpreted what you were saying. I see what you're saying.

I've just seen what we CAN do and what we did last night. If Stewart County had a passing attack, we would have probably been in trouble last night. I agree.

Edited by Swarm

You saw the absolute worst of Fairview last night Reb84. I wouldn't expect to win anything with a performance like that.

Having said that, what makes you think we can't stop the run? What did your running back have 100 yards on 40 carries maybe? Penalties helped you guys move the ball a tremendous deal.

I agree penalties helped but Stewart turned the ball over also. It was a close game till the return for a TD on a lateral pass. I did not say you could not stop the run, I said Waverly can do both. They also have a better defensive secondary. The long passes really helped Fairview last night. . Fairview has a good team but they always do.

I feel that SC gave a very respectable effort against a better team !

Your saw the absolute worst of Fairview last night Reb84. I wouldn't expect to win anything with a performance like that.

EDIT. Sorry i misinterpreted what you were saying. I see what you're saying.

I've just seen what we CAN do and what we did last night. If Stewart County had a passing attack, we would have probably been in trouble last night. I agree.

# 25 had 176 yards last night. For info only. But he also had 495 yards combined against Mont Central and Houston County so

That was his season low.

Do remember that Waverly has three regular season losses the last two years under Coach McConnell and two of the losses were to Fairview. Yellow Jackets are aware of what type of team Waverly has but Waverly is very aware of the challenge that Fairview brings to them. This should be a quality match up because Fairview can match the athletes in space that Waverly loves to use. Waverly is solid against the run which Fairview loves to do.

Camden Fan here. Waverly has a very good defense and the QB makes great reads out of the read option . While Camdens defense really  played well he made them look bad on several plays just with his head. Thats not a knock on his physical tools because he has them too and he is only a Sophmore

The Oline isnt he biggest or best but they play physical  and keep at it all play long. The QB helps them out a lot with his feet and smarts. If you want to beat them you will have to confuse the QB(good luck) and put him on his rump.

Edited by Beagle