Polk County @ McMinn Central

BloodCharger

He is a good coach and he does care about those 40-50 players, but that's it. That doesn't make him a good man. A good man is someone who cares about things other than what he has a vested interest in. There is more to PCHS than just that football team and he could not care less about the rest of it. I respect his coaching ability, but other than that, he is worthless!

I will be there Friday night, just like every Friday night for the past 40 years, but I support the football team because of the kids,,just like I support the basketball teams, the baseball team, the soccer team, etc.. For the kids. Not for the almighty Derrick Davis!

And Polk 27 - Baby Blue 14

Charlie I have read your posts for years and I have never seen you this upset with PCHS.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie I have read your posts for years and I have never seen you this upset with PCHS.

I'm not upset. I love PCHS, I love PCHS athletics, especially football, because I wore that red.

I respect Davis' coaching, I will defend his coaching, but being a good football coach does not necessarily make one a good person. Like I said, I will always support PCHS, for the kids, and because that's my school.

So, orange, don't mistake my disdain for D. Davis, the person, as anything attributed to PC as a whole.

And these boys are going to surprise you Friday, when they get this win!

Edited by Charlie Murphy

I'm not upset. I love PCHS, I love PCHS athletics, especially football, because I wore that red.

I respect Davis' coaching, I will defend his coaching, but being a good football coach does not necessarily make one a good person. Like I said, I will always support PCHS, for the kids, and because that's my school.

So, orange, don't mistake my disdain for D. Davis, the person, as anything attributed to PC as a whole.

And these boys are going to surprise you Friday, when they get this win!

Good post.Thx and yes I will be surprised.But like you Davis is a fine coach! Edited by orngnblk

He is a good coach and he does care about those 40-50 players, but that's it. That doesn't make him a good man. A good man is someone who cares about things other than what he has a vested interest in. There is more to PCHS than just that football team and he could not care less about the rest of it. I respect his coaching ability, but other than that, he is worthless!

I will be there Friday night, just like every Friday night for the past 40 years, but I support the football team because of the kids,,just like I support the basketball teams, the baseball team, the soccer team, etc.. For the kids. Not for the almighty Derrick Davis!

And Polk 27 - Baby Blue 14

Here we go with the ignorance again. I would love for you to give me examples of what you are talking about when you say Coach Davis doesn't care about anything else. Could it be the band to which he gives a portion of every ticket sold on Friday night home games? Could it be soccer whose field he maintains for free and without question? Could it be baseball to which he donated money to build their complex? Could it be basketball who he allows to sell football programs as a fundraiser? Could it be cheer who he donated money to buy uniforms and a mascot costume? Could it be golf, whose motel rooms he paid for when they made the state tournament? Which one of these programs are you talking about when you make these slandering statements? Have some facts about things before you shoot off your mouth. Don't question someone's character when you obviously know nothing about them as a person. You have ran your mouth and made inaccurate assumptions. I have given facts and examples of actual events that have happened. Coach Davis is a good person. Period. Edited by ValleyTroll

Here we go with the ignorance again. I would love for you to give me examples of what you are talking about when you say Coach Davis doesn't care about anything else. Could it be the band to which he gives a portion of every ticket sold on Friday night home games? Could it be soccer whose field he maintains for free and without question? Could it be baseball to which he donated money to build their complex? Could it be basketball who he allows to sell football programs as a fundraiser? Could it be cheer who he donated money to buy uniforms and a mascot costume? Could it be golf, whose motel rooms he paid for when they made the state tournament? Which one of these programs are you talking about when you make these slandering statements? Have some facts about things before you shoot off your mouth. Don't question someone's character when you obviously know nothing about them as a person. You have ran your mouth and made inaccurate assumptions. I have given facts and examples of actual events that have happened. Coach Davis is a good person. Period.

Oh, "he decides" to give a portion of the tickets to the band, "he allows" the basketball team to sell programs, and he actually maintains HIS practice field and "he allows" the girls soccer team to practice and play on it if it's convenient for him.

These things are not his to decide and the fact that you just pointed out that he ALLOWS these things to happen proved my point. And by the way, using money raised at football games to help advance other sports is not a donation from D. Davis.

You have your opinion, I have mine. And when it comes to his worth as a human being.....my opinion is, he's a good football coach! Now we have both stated our opinions, we can get back to the game if you would like.

And by the way, if I we're making defamatory statements on a football forum, it would be libelous, not slanderous.

Edited by Charlie Murphy

Oh, "he decides" to give a portion of the tickets to the band, "he allows" the basketball team to sell programs, and he actually maintains HIS practice field and "he allows" the girls soccer team to practice and play on it if it's convenient for him.

These things are not his to decide and the fact that you just pointed out that he ALLOWS these things to happen proved my point. And by the way, using money raised at football games to help advance other sports is not a donation from D. Davis.

You have your opinion, I have mine. And when it comes to his worth as a human being.....my opinion is, he's a good football coach! Now we have both stated our opinions, we can get back to the game if you would like.

And by the way, if I we're making defamatory statements on a football forum, it would be libelous, not slanderous.

Lol. You seriously are a special kind of ignorant bordering stupidity. If these things are not his to decide, then whose are they? Where would the soccer team be without the maintenance done to that field? Do you think it's their right to play on that field? They started a team without a place to play and were bailed out by the baseball and football fields. They play and practice when it's convenient for him? I just talked with the soccer coach at their game yesterday and he was complimenting how well he and Coach Davis have worked together to use that field. Where would the baseball team be without donations from football (which was Coach Davis' decision)? It is his and any other head coach at PCHS' decision on what they do with their programs money. He isn't required to help out anyone else with money. A bad person WOULD NOT ALLOW these things to happen. The fact that Coach Davis doesn't raise heck over it says a lot about the kind of person he is. And by the way if you have been around PCHS football for 40 years and care so much about it, what has stopped you from going to Coach Davis yourself? It's easy to smear someone from behind a keyboard. Edited by ValleyTroll

You also have failed to give anyone an example to back up the crap you are throwing out.

I have been around football programs for going on 40 years, knowing coaches from Chattanooga to Knoxville and all places in between. I can tell you for certain, there is no one I have more respect for than both Larry and Derrick Davis. I have seen those guys do things behind the scenes for kids that few folks know about and the time and devotion to the Polk program that they have given speaks volumes about their dedication to the kids and people of Polk Co.

And for the record, I am not from Polk nor live there now.