Maryville Rebels

Rebels01

First of all, I would only like educated and respectful replys to this thread. What does the board think of this Maryville-Cleveland matchup ? I do not know a whole lot about Cleveland's team this year except for the fact that they have a good running back named Barber, but I do know Maryville. Bottom line is this team knows how to win, especially when playoff time rolls around, and that is a tribute to great coaching and the tradition that has been established by the players before them. With the way the offensive and defensive lines have been playing, I have to take Maryville in this game. Their two-headed monster at running back of Stewart and McCord has been unstoppable all season and with a sophomore qb that has grown up a lot this year with three very reliable targets to throw to at the WR position, this offense has to be the best in the state. They have averaged between 400-450 yds. a game, and 42 pts. a game, and this is with the starters being pulled one series into the second half in atleast 6 games. The defense has played well all season long too, so I have to believe that Maryville is going to go 15-0 and have their 3rd state title in a row and the 4th in 5 years. That is pure dominance, I don't care what sport it is, so until somebody can find a way to beat Maryville on the field, please quit talking this and that on this board about how Maryville is gonna get beat, because you have all been wrong this year. Go Rebs.

Maryville-37

Cleveland-21

[Edited by Rebels01 on 11-17-02 10:06A]

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info, how big are their offensive and defensive lines ? What kind of an offense do they run ? and my only comment to you saying that they haven't played anyone like cleveland, is that cleveland definitely hasn't played anyone like Maryville, thanks for the info though, I really appreciate it. Sounds like it should be a great game, do you have a score prediction ?

reb,s don,t worry.dry field, you'll be fine.they can't spread out and play with you.wet field, hold on. Barbers is a good back better than you've seen.bigger than milligan.we're with you reb's go beat m.east or melrose but beware hillsboro they are still mad and better this year although i 've not looked to see how they did fri. GOOD LUCK AND REPRESENT US WELL. :D

Well I think that Cleveland is going to be a challenege due to home field advantage, but we're bringing most the town down their and we'll be gettin pretty loud. One man can't beat you, look at Milligan, he's a great player, but he couldn't beat us alone. Maryville will get up for this game and we will be ready for every threat you can throw at us. Maryville can play on either wet or dry field. Carl Stewart doesn't slow down a bit and Chris McCord is just as shifty and quick on a wet field. I think if Cleveland wants to beat us they're going to have to do it in the air. Our defensive line is good and getting better, which is hard to believe. Our ends can easily plug the outside and our huge DT's clog the middle. Our linebackers find the ball quickly and hit hard. The secondary lets down every now and then and gives up a big play, but its not a major concern, still good play from them. I guess we'll see what happens come Friday!

This match up with Cleveland should be a good one. I am sure that they are better than the team we beat 52-14 last year. If they beat Central and scored 24 points on them they have my attention for sure because Central does not give up that many points often. I have to wonder if the wet field slowed Central's defense down some since they rely on quickness so much. But either way I am sure Cleveland is the real deal. Also they must have more than Barber because i saw some highlights and it looked like they threw if off deep for two of their scores.

maryvillerebels, what are you refering to when you say "one man cant beat you", because you couldnt be refering to clevelands levonte barber. cleveland braggs on him, not because he scores all of the td's, because he doesnt, but he is as one person called it "the tick and the tock in clevelands clock." dont look for him to put up 3 tds and 150 yards, because he probably wont. cleveland is a team, and having him in the lineup simply makes cleveland better, and thats simply a fact, cleveland averages 40 points a game with him and 17 without him, their d also is better, allowing only about 7 with him and 16 without him. how many td's did he have last week against central? 0. yep cleveland has many weapons. they are very young, their offensive line is brand new from last year other than a 3 yr starter at tackle, drew helmstter. they have i believe 2 or three jrs and some sophomores on ol. and the dl is mostly seniors. their are a couple linemen with size, but they overall are not that big, but they block better than any line cleveland has had under coach brown. tim cooper is new to this year, as he excelled last year in being the leading scorer on the court. hes an allaround athlete, hes wb and wr, and db. barber is tb, and jay davis is the other maine rb. tyrese warren is the sr fb. micheal dietrich is like 5'9" qb, but is strong , and has some speed. if this team doesnt get past yall this year theyhave a much better shot next year, as 17 of 22 starters will be returning. the only positions they will lack will be easily filled, qb, fb, ot, fs, de

Cleveland big and physical??? They might be against Chatt. Schools but Maryville is one of the best physical teams in the state. I don't quite think that Maryville will wear out like Central did. If maryville avoids multiple turnovers, then they handily win this one. Except for a couple busted pass plays, Maryville dominated a very good Powell team. I read in the Cleveland paper where one player said that they "wanted Maryville now." They might just get more than they can handle - experience, physical play and sheer talent gives maryville a good win - Maryville 35 Cleveland 17