Region 2 most explosive offensive team Harriman at Unaka

orngnblk

If their isn't a change at the helm don't be surprised too see the football program no longer exist at Unaka. The issue is though finding someone to take it. Unaka football isn't a big draw for coaches and as much as the coaches have to deal with for as little as they get for doing it, most of these teachers just don't want to deal with it and then you end up with someone taking it just to get a job. What they pay coaches around here is criminal. Me and a friend calculated out what he was making from coaching 2 sports and it came out to pennies on the hour for the amount of time he put in.

These small football programs going belly up just represents a much bigger problem in society.  Kids are so dang entitled.  Everybody wants to play for a team that can win but they don't want to pay the price to become a winner.  A friend of mine said he couldn't get his boys off the couch to go outside.  I said yeah you can.  My mom hit me with a hickory just for poking my head back in the door.  Parents need to become authority figures again and start spanking the he** out of their kids and putting them to work.  When they're 14 and show up to a football field,  its too late for a coach to change them. 

It may be already to late. When Unaka Jr High had the really good season and plenty of boys excited to play football. This is when the coaching change should of been made. They have not had one JV game in years, so what if you have to play a few starters in jv. Last season they were close to 12 freshmen. A few started but still no jv and that left 18 or so kids playing very little football. When they did play it was with a running clock and the feeling of defeat. Everyone just wanted to get on the bus. What person wants to play or watch their child stand on the sideline Friday nights and drive 2-3hrs for Pink to kick the ball out of bounds because he can't coach to cover a kick.

Donald Ensor quit the Jr high program because he wanted to make his own schedule and take chuckey doak and Johnson County off the schedule to add smaller schools just to build numbers. He was told he couldn't do that because, he was obligated to play those teams. Why does Johnson County not play in conference with TA Dugger?

There is a lot more wrong on the creek than just Pink.

It may be already to late. When Unaka Jr High had the really good season and plenty of boys excited to play football. This is when the coaching change should of been made. They have not had one JV game in years, so what if you have to play a few starters in jv. Last season they were close to 12 freshmen. A few started but still no jv and that left 18 or so kids playing very little football. When they did play it was with a running clock and the feeling of defeat. Everyone just wanted to get on the bus. What person wants to play or watch their child stand on the sideline Friday nights and drive 2-3hrs for Pink to kick the ball out of bounds because he can't coach to cover a kick.

Donald Ensor quit the Jr high program because he wanted to make his own schedule and take chuckey doak and Johnson County off the schedule to add smaller schools just to build numbers. He was told he couldn't do that because, he was obligated to play those teams. Why does Johnson County not play in conference with TA Dugger?

There is a lot more wrong on the creek than just Pink.

I can agree with that for sure.  People on the creek are their own worst enemy.  Has sportiemom moved back up north?  Haven't heard from her in years. 

I certainly don't want to rub salt in the wounds after the way the game went, but I understand what you're saying crazzyness. From what I know as well as what I saw tonight, it's a sad situation at Unaka. Unfortunately, that might've been the worst team I've saw play in person and I mean no disrespect by that. There's just no excitement or enthusiasm there. It was truly disappointing to see the extreme lack of support those boys had tonight. When a team travels over 3 hours to play you and they bring more fans than the home team, something is wrong!!! I've never had any bad dealings with Unaka and I respect them, so I mean by what I've said. I hope that they're able to get things turned around up there.

I just want to say how impressed I was with the Harriman faithful, coaches and players. They were very respectful and classy. A huge thank you to all and I wish you all the best on the rest of the season!

Well I know first hand how several people have shown interest in coaching on the creek but the powers to be have not allowed them to. I have known several very good JR High kids that when it come time to play at the high school level, they either chose to go to EHS or not play because of the coaching issues. When this is the norm and that's all people see, it's not going to change. Wanna change the outcome? Change the way you go about fixing the problem.