2017 Enrollment Numbers and Classifications

MountainTroll

I have 297 now which would be 50, 50, 50, 49, 49, 49.

I'm coming up with 297 counting today's additions as well. Have they said the 1-3A will be the schools with 50 teams? I just believe from an attendance reference point the way I have them broken down in the 1-2A thread is closer. It has 49,49,49,50,50,50. It seems that a breakdown like this one has larger gaps between the enrollment breaks except for 3-4A. Edited by TheAmbassador

I believe you're counting the non football playing schools as well.

No the schools I'm counting are from the current schools playing. It lists what their current records are and the current seeding in their individual regions. I take it you are taking out the new d2 schools to get the 297. I counted 13 teams moving to D2. If that is what you are using that would make 296 in next years grouping. 296/6=49.3 teams per class. Which can give the TSSAA some creativity when grouping classes. It will allow them to look at geography to determine class breaks for the border teams. 49,50,51 per class. It will free them from being locked in to equal teams across the board.

Wave88 I don't think there is any way to give all 6 classes the exact same amount of teams, but I believe they all should be within 1 team of each other. If the TSSAA classifies them like they said they were going to do it. The board of control said 6 equal classes. I don't see any way they can abide by this unless each class has 49 or 50 teams.

That's my understanding as well. Having a direct interest in that cut number, I'm trying really hard to find a way that my team (Gallatin) goes from the smallest 6A team to the largest 5A team. I'm sure the teams in the next tier are doing the same. If 6A has 50 so be it. It really benefits me and the team I follow for that cut off to be 49. It's out of my control and we will play where we are put and make the most of it. But I do have my druthers.

This is single A

KIPP Memphis Collegiate School 164 Gleason High School 166 Lookout Valley High School 172 Greenfield High School 176 Coalfield High School 180 Oakdale High School 183 Sunbright High School 183 Hollow Rock-Bruceton Central High School 184 Red Boiling Springs High School 204 Lake Co. High School 223 Pickett Co. High School 226 Copper Basin High School 228 Cloudland High School 233 Greenback High School 234 South Fulton High School 235 South Pittsburg High School 240 Huntland High School 272 Midway High School 272 Moore Co. High School 275 Humboldt High School 282 Collinwood High School 284 Clay Co. High School 287 Sale Creek School 295 Memphis Middle College High School 299 Wayne Co. High School 309 Hillcrest High School 311 McEwen High School 311 West Carroll High School 311 Westwood High School 312 Hancock Co. High School 315 Cornersville High School 321 Whitwell High School 321 Middleton High School 323 Grace Christian Academy - Franklin 324 Gordonsville High School 327 B. T. Washington High School 328 Huntingdon High School 330 Jellico High School 331 Perry Co. High School 334 Fayetteville High School 336 Oliver Springs High School 341 Unaka High School 341 Jo Byrns High School 349 Monterey High School 352 Mt. Pleasant High School 353 Republic High School 361 Dresden High School 362 Oakhaven High School 366 Harriman High School 373 Richland High School 375