2017 Enrollment Numbers and Classifications

MountainTroll

Here is what I have now. 292 football schools, so 49 each in the first classes, 48 in 5A and 6A. MLK Prep is now magically back on the list. There were some heavy drops among Memphis schools, Fairley among the latest to submit numbers dropped to 384 from 575 and right now is my biggest in 1A. Clarksville Academy, having declared intentions to stay Division I, is included. Any football schools missing? Or are any of these not having football?

Freedom Prep Academy is a charter school that was approved by for membership by the board of control last summer.  The BOC minutes said that football was one of their sports that they intended to compete in.  Their school info page on TSSAA directory lists a football coach, but says that they are in a co-op with mitchell.

I don't know if they will be fielding a team or not, but they will probably have to be considered for classification purposes and put into a region, since they board approved their membership.  Their number is 291 so they would be 1A.  

So would this addition bump one team out of each class and into the next?

With TCA in, multiplier count 450, things moved slightly. I have 49 teams in 1A through 5A and 48 in 6A for a total of 293. That's not counting Freedom Prep which was mentioned earlier.

I have the largest in each class as 1A-Fairley, 384; 2A-Waverly, 556; 3A-Giles, 820; 4A-Seymoure, 1102; 5A-Dickson County, 1519; 6A-Bartlett, 2513

The talk is Knox Catholic wants to stay D1

Swipes I would love to know where you get your information from on Catholic. You hear more then the coaches that work there. Last I heard they were not sure where they were going. I'd like to know what they were doing I'm clueless. Edited by QSouth89

Swipes I would love to know where you get your information from on Catholic. You hear more then the coaches that work there. Last I heard they were not sure where they were going. I'd like to know what they were doing I'm clueless.

From other Catholic's posters, news outlets, and talking to former coaches since I use to coach in Knoxville. It's not based as much on football but the travel for the other sports is the reason I heard they want to stay D1. So basically the travel expenses and getting home late on school nights is the reason I heard.

From other Catholic's posters, news outlets, and talking to former coaches since I use to coach in Knoxville. It's not based as much on football but the travel for the other sports is the reason I heard they want to stay D1. So basically the travel expenses and getting home late on school nights is the reason I heard.

When I find out something I'll post it.

they got the backin.....they will b playin the likes of IMG soon if they dont slow down

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen: