2017 Enrollment Numbers and Classifications

MountainTroll

If I'm not mistaken...didn't Lavergne move down from 6A to 5A after Maryville elected to move up last year? I thought that was a story I remember hearing.

Correct, but that was only to establish the "Super 32" Had to have exactly 32 to do 6A the way they have done it the last two years. Shoudn't be necessary to do that this time, unless loads of schools elect to play up in a certain classification. 

I don't see that happening. Unless they change something dramatically the lists you have seen on this thread will be 100% on or at the most 1-2 team movement each way.

That hard line is the problem though, that is why some regions have 5 teams and some have 9 teams. They really need to even things out with regions and classes if they're going to do this.

That hard line is the problem though, that is why some regions have 5 teams and some have 9 teams. They really need to even things out with regions and classes if they're going to do this.

The regions will be uneven. I can about guarantee it. The classes are suppose to be evenly split numbers wise. Then the teams will be grouped geographically. Some regions will have 5, some will have 6, some will have 7, some will have 8.