Class A - Region 2

VFL44

Congrats to you all! The first two games I thought we did an excellent job containing 41 but tonight that kid was on a mission. You all got into foul trouble and I just KNEW we would pull this one off, but boy was I wrong. Connor had other plans and he made a lot of big time momentum shots from beyond the arc! For 33 to just be a sophomore he has some serious ice in his veins, always making key buckets late in the game. Proud of our guys for the effort again tonight. Hope we can bounce back from this one, because we do not have a easy route to get to the region championship! Unlike my friend Sportswriter, I am not pulling for all of D3 on Saturday night as Meigs seemed to figure something out the other night. I'll be pulling for 2 Blue Devils come Saturday night

Thanks BD for the compliments! 41 is on a mission and he desperately wants to get back to state and have a shot to win it. So much of HS school sports focuses on scoring and Slim does plenty of that but I am most proud of his character and love for his teammates. He really takes joy in winning and just being on a team of guys. His unselfishness challenges me daily as a dad, sometimes humbling when your kid at times is a bigger and better man than I am. I admire him often as a person.

These Harriman games have been something else this year.

Thanks BD for the compliments! 41 is on a mission and he desperately wants to get back to state and have a shot to win it. So much of HS school sports focuses on scoring and Slim does plenty of that but I am most proud of his character and love for his teammates. He really takes joy in winning and just being on a team of guys. His unselfishness challenges me daily as a dad, sometimes humbling when your kid at times is a bigger and better man than I am. I admire him often as a person.

These Harriman games have been something else this year.

He had a great all around game last night, but the thing that impressed me the most is when the game is tied, 4.5 left on the clock, 33 is at the line shooting two, I look to the other side of the court and 41 is kneeling down saying a prayer. The kid knows who his talents really belong to!

He had a great all around game last night, but the thing that impressed me the most is when the game is tied, 4.5 left on the clock, 33 is at the line shooting two, I look to the other side of the court and 41 is kneeling down saying a prayer. The kid knows who his talents really belong to!

He's a GREAT young man! His momma did good.....ok, dad did too, no matter what his dad tries to humbly say?

I've said this all year Harriman doesn't want to see coalfield in the 1st round of region.. the two best teams in 4a played in a consolation game I don't expect Oakdale to beat Grace they can give them a game if they shoot well & actually rebound the ball.. but I won't be one bit surprised if Coalfield beats Harriman, Coalfield will have to hit atleast 70% from the free throw line though..

And so it begins!! I can't wait to watch my Blue Devils take on the Jackets tonight! My sister is dating Coalfield Head Coach Jason Hill's son so we've definitely got some tension today!! All in good fun and there's no bad team's left anymore as it's do or die!! Good to luck to the BIG BLUE tonight!!! Survive and advance! My predictions as follows:

Harriman over Coalfield 84-68

Jellico over Meigs 58-56

Wartburg over Tellico 73-66

Grace over Oakdale 91-67

And so it begins!! I can't wait to watch my Blue Devils take on the Jackets tonight! My sister is dating Coalfield Head Coach Jason Hill's son so we've definitely got some tension today!! All in good fun and there's no bad team's left anymore as it's do or die!! Good to luck to the BIG BLUE tonight!!! Survive and advance! My predictions as follows:

Jellico over Meigs 58-56

Grace over Oakdale 91-67

I think some may be closer but I agree with Watburg winning.I think Meigs wins by double figures.

Jellico over Meigs 58-56

Grace over Oakdale 91-67