Class A - Region 2

VFL44

ONB PROB TO GREENBACK LOL JK but I am with you! A lot of small school ball in that area and that's what they like!

HaHa.If they consolidate it would be a LONG time before the could compete with 5A or 6A or maybe not at all.I see Coalfield and OZ benefiting from a consolidation.That could spell trouble for the rest of our District.

Ok i went to wartburg tonight to watch the 1-4 teams left in district play on 2 District 4. It did not disappoint on the long drive from Halls to Wartburg.

Game 1

Kudos to Jellico and their team they played a solid patient game of take what you give me and let me give you what I do best. Gage Hyslope has really developed and I think he is an exceptionally fun player to watch. He still has a lot personal growth and potential to reach but It is really obvious his teamates look to him to lead them. And he led them to a big 58-50 win over Oakdale. Now Oakdale on the other hand has some good players but they did not substitute very much at all and this time of year that can wear you down. I got the feeling they wanted to do and be more but just didnt have the legs in the 4th Q to get it done. Still an exciting game I enjoyed it. We sat behind the Jellico bench and I was very impressed with the Job thier coach did in timeouts and substituting. He gave then good advice and kept them focused and calm doen the stretch. Really good job tonight by Jellico coaches

Game 2

Wartburg 85 Coalfield 82

If Coalfield could hit 50% of their free throws they win this game. Parker Mckinney was a beast with 37 points and they were all mostly long range bombs.

By my count Wartburg was 11 of 32 from 3ball range. They liked their jump shot game. It will be interesting to see who comes out of this district as champs but my money is on Wartburg, but it is pretty clear they live and die by the 3ball and no offensive rebounds. It will athletically be a tall task for Jellico to match up to Wartburg athletically but I like the ability and leadership of Gage H and you never know, Jellico has a few nice players.

Fun night od HS ball the house was packed. I enjoyed scouting umh I mean watching.......😉

Edited by 12thmanGCA

Ok i went to wartburg tonight to watch the 1-4 teams left in district play on 2 District 4. It did not disappoint on the long drive from Halls to Wartburg.

Game 1

Kudos to Jellico and their team they played a solid patient game of take what you give me and let me give you what I do best. Gage Hyslope has really developed and I think he is an exceptionally fun player to watch. He still has a lot personal growth and potential to reach but It is really obvious his teamates look to him to lead them. And he led them to a big 58-50 win over Oakdale. Now Oakdale on the other hand has some good players but they did not substitute very much at all and this time of year that can wear you down. I got the feeling they wanted to do and be more but just didnt have the legs in the 4th Q to get it done. Still an exciting game I enjoyed it. We sat behind the Jellico bench and I was very impressed with the Job thier coach did in timeouts and substituting. He gave then good advice and kept them focused and calm doen the stretch. Really good job tonight by Jellico coaches

Game 2

Wartburg 85 Coalfield 82

If Coalfield could hit 50% of their free throws they win this game. Parker Mckinney was a beast with 37 points and they were all mostly long range bombs.

By my count Wartburg was 11 of 32 from 3ball range. They liked their jump shot game. It will be interesting to see who comes out of this district as champs but my money is on Wartburg, but it is pretty clear they live and die by the 3ball and no offensive rebounds. It will athletically be a tall task for Jellico to match up to Wartburg athletically but I like the ability and leadership of Gage H and you never know, Jellico has a few nice players.

Fun night od HS ball the house was packed. I enjoyed scouting umh I mean watching.......😉

Back in 2007 when GB and Grace played for the region at Wartburg was one of the best Basketball atmospheres I have seen.The GB Wartburg Semi game was just as great.Two of my best Basketball memories! High school football and Basketball can't be beat when two rivals play who really just plain dislike each other!Can't wait for the region play to fire up should be great. Edited by orngnblk