Class A - Region 2

VFL44

Pretty good. Grace's shooters will struggle in the dark.

Good luck tonight TigerNation! Maybe at half time if you're we could have a little CoachT meet up? Me and you and whoever else that's a regular here on the T that wants to meet up is welcome to meet up with us too!! Once I get to the gym and scope out the crowd I'll get us a spot and post it on here so everybody knows! We're an hour away from tip off!! Let the madness begin!!! GO BIG BLUE!!! Edited by SportsnetWriter2

Well it wasn't the prettiest game for us tonight, but by golly a win is a win and we got just that tonight! Hats off to Meigs on a heck of a game tonight and one that they could've won had one play or two went the other. Our boys deserve this region championship appearance! For two years straight we've came just short, and the resilience of our boys has finally paid off. When things got tough and everything was against them, they didn't quit and they kept pushing! Now the Big Blue have earned themselves a Region Championship game and a chance to go to The Boro!!! I'm so proud to be a Blue Devil and extremely proud of the fight these boys are showing! It's time we give Grace a spankin' come Thursday and get us that Region Championship along with a home sub-state game!!!

Man oh man, I feel bad for the folks that didn't stick around for the second game of the night tonight. We just weren't on our A game and that zone of Meigs had a lot to do with it. Those Tigers play hard and can shoot the lights out of a basketball. I've seen quite a few Harriman games this year and although it wasn't the best performance I've seen this year I left that gym extremely proud of those guys that rep the blue and white because they just never gave up. Gonna have to bring our best effort in order to steal one in Round 4 Thursday! Hope we can get that home substate game!

The best quote of the night was when I was heading home and stop to talk to a couple of guys from a school not in the tournament  Grace had put their backups in the game One of the guys said look all them they are all about 5'8 that must be the real kids at Grace

The best quote of the night was when I was heading home and stop to talk to a couple of guys from a school not in the tournament  Grace had put their backups in the game One of the guys said look all them they are all about 5'8 that must be the real kids at Grace

Yes, we private school "recruiting machines" get that a lot :rolleyes: .....as I say "good morning" to my 6'4" soph that has been at GCA since pre-school. He doesn't even play bball right now. He was a part of our championship middle school team a couple of years ago....beat EVERYBODY we played. We asked him to pick two sports for his first 2 yrs to concentrate on academics. That worked very nicely. I'd imagine 3 sports might be in his future the last 2 years, or maybe not. He's earned the right to choose. I'd say his good buddy (also an excellent 6'4" athletic, great kid....AND a GCA lifer) that played with him on their champ MS bball team, might join him for the last 2 years. That's right.....we don't even have the team that we could have, and they'd sure screw up your 5'8" reserves comment! 

But, you all are correct....we really don't have any good athletes growing up in the program. We just recruit them all in when we need them. We hear that junk year after year. Y'all are going to have to find something else to gripe about next year....and, I'm sure you will. Have at it.....we'll be on the D-II thread..... 8-)

By the way, that Arnold kid....great kid....been at GCA for MANY yrs. Same for Ledford and Gettlefinger.....been here since elementary. The role players that are the glue to this team, ALL OF THEM that play regularly have been at GCA since elementary. These kids have multiple siblings that have graduated from GCA, most have gone on to play college sports or be successful college graduates somewhere. I am proud of the fact that we are a FAMILY at Grace Christian Academy. We love the Lord, and we love and support each other. Our kids work extremely hard at their chosen sports, just as most of your kids at your respective schools, I'd imagine.

I ran sticks on Friday nights for years listening to this junk. I could write a best-seller of just quotes I've heard over the years from the opposing teams. Of course, it would have to be R-rated for language! I've listened to this stuff for years as I watched a bunch of boys grow up in this program. It's my time to finally let it go.... :angry: Thank you for wasting your time to read my rant....my last D-I rant. You're welcome!

As for the important item of the week, Thursday night will be a battle. I don't think it matters which team wins (except to those boys and coaches, of course!) I believe both teams, if they play anywhere close to their potential on Monday, will be in the Boro to surprise some people. The BlueDevils have a bunch of seniors that have been working for this moment for years. Both teams deserve it! I'm hoping to get to watch it play out. :popcorneater:

Yes, we private school "recruiting machines" get that a lot :rolleyes: .....as I say "good morning" to my 6'4" soph that has been at GCA since pre-school. He doesn't even play bball right now. He was a part of our championship middle school team a couple of years ago....beat EVERYBODY we played. We asked him to pick two sports for his first 2 yrs to concentrate on academics. That worked very nicely. I'd imagine 3 sports might be in his future the last 2 years, or maybe not. He's earned the right to choose. I'd say his good buddy (also an excellent 6'4" athletic, great kid....AND a GCA lifer) that played with him on their champ MS bball team, might join him for the last 2 years. That's right.....we don't even have the team that we could have, and they'd sure screw up your 5'8" reserves comment!

But, you all are correct....we really don't have any good athletes growing up in the program. We just recruit them all in when we need them. We hear that junk year after year. Y'all are going to have to find something else to gripe about next year....and, I'm sure you will. Have at it.....we'll be on the D-II thread..... 8-)

By the way, that Arnold kid....great kid....been at GCA for MANY yrs. Same for Ledford and Gettlefinger.....been here since elementary. The role players that are the glue to this team, ALL OF THEM that play regularly have been at GCA since elementary. These kids have multiple siblings that have graduated from GCA, most have gone on to play college sports or be successful college graduates somewhere. I am proud of the fact that we are a FAMILY at Grace Christian Academy. We love the Lord, and we love and support each other. Our kids work extremely hard at their chosen sports, just as most of your kids at your respective schools, I'd imagine.

I ran sticks on Friday nights for years listening to this junk. I could write a best-seller of just quotes I've heard over the years from the opposing teams. Of course, it would have to be R-rated for language! I've listened to this stuff for years as I watched a bunch of boys grow up in this program. It's my time to finally let it go.... :angry: Thank you for wasting your time to read my rant....my last D-I rant. You're welcome!

As for the important item of the week, Thursday night will be a battle. I don't think it matters which team wins (except to those boys and coaches, of course!) I believe both teams, if they play anywhere close to their potential on Monday, will be in the Boro to surprise some people. The BlueDevils have a bunch of seniors that have been working for this moment for years. Both teams deserve it! I'm hoping to get to watch it play out. :popcorneater:

Takes after his mom (Arnold) lol

3 sport athlete in Private league? I eould not want your gas bill next year lol

Takes after his mom (Arnold) lol

3 sport athlete in Private league? I eould not want your gas bill next year lol

No joke! And, as you do, I travel for a living. Should be interesting...... I might miss a few games, but I only want him to enjoy high school sports in whatever way he chooses. Anything more than that is just added blessing we don't anticipate.

Man, your stud and his buddies are coming on just at the right time. Here's hoping they take it all the way!

Can you believe we have a darn baseball scrimmage in Rockwood tonight? And, it DIDN'T get rained out? DO THEY NOT KNOW THERE IS AN EPIC REGIONAL FINAL GAME BEING PLAYED IN HARRIMAN TONIGHT????

Keep the Twitter updates coming 12thman! Wish we could be there. I guess I have to go watch em mud wrestle on the diamond tonight. (Heard a rumor we might have a new 6'7" pitcher this year.....that true? Good gracious, if he throws 90+ like I figure, everybody will be screaming "RECRUITING" again!!! :) 

Hoping for a Rams win tonight, but also hoping for both teams to make it to Murfreesboro!