Class A - Region 2

VFL44

You know what - I about 90% agree with that. But there are teams like GCA there and Blue Ds are 0-2 vs that

They better learn to hit free throws and play defense better. WEB would put 115 on Harriman and probably 114 on Grace given how both teams play defense.

But We can agree teams that attack the rim always have a chance see Van Buren 2016 vs GCA

These past 2 games between the both of us have been nothing short of magnificent! I just think we're too talented to lose all 4 if we're lucky enough to play each other two more times!! Last night was a fun one to wactch and once again, nothing but respect for the GCA Basketball team! See you guys come tournament time!

Seems most on this board have already written in Harriman and Grace as region champion and runner up. Harriman only beat Meigs by two and still has to play them again. Meigs lost some games with last years district player of the year hurt. However, this did make some players step up and perform and gave a couple of others extra playing time. Meigs has been there before and have alot of experience. If one looks back, this is the first year this group of Harriman players have beaten Meigs, plus Zy was out the first Grace game. Meigs does have an uphill battle and I am not saying they are going to win but if these eight seniors (who have won 109 games during their high school careers) are hitting their shots they can compete and win even more games.

Any smart basketball mind knows not to count Meigs out when it comes tournament time! Since coming into 1A they immediately became a perenial power and they're still a top notch team in all of 1A if you ask me. Meigs will be an extremely tough out for anybody who draws them. I just think all those years Harriman has barely came up short is finally paying off as Harriman as a whole is a better, more experienced team than Miegs is this year. Having three teams as deep as we have here in District 3 is a testament to just how solid 1A ball around the East has been this year!

See y'all a the region!Yes way out of the way!

I know this will probably upset the rest of District 3A fans but the District Tournament should always be hosted at Harriman or Rockwood. Both schools seem to be kindly centralized for our district. Also, both gyms are good sized and hold the highest capacities. Harriman is incredibly large and has more than enough room and Rockwood has a very traditional gym with good space and a very good down home atmosphere! I'm thankful that Harriman hosts the region tournament this year! I truly and sincerely believe being at home throughout the region tournament will help us tremendously!

I was wondering how they hung with you all!

I must have missed something! Meigs must have dubbed the same 2 often. The only one I noticed missing in action was Zy Moore. All the other key players played. They had a slew play in the JV game so they had available players. With exception of Zy I am not sure they had anyone else on the bench they wanted on the court besides Zy. Logan Fowler was on the bench but never noticed him playing round ball before this year. Greenback played a 7 man rotation and Hunter needed more than 20. Too bad he couldn't drop 34 like he did against Tellico. Or we could have guarded Brently Baker and kept him from hitting one of those wide open 3s and won in regulation. If GB could hit free throws to close out games it would have never went to OT. Lost to Tellico tonight down there but was without Roberts due to illness. Hunter had 23 but needed more help that Roberts gives on the boards and on D. No 2bd chance points without him tonight. With him I would say we win this game too. GB basketball is competing now. I've seen all teams in the district now and I can honestly say there are 2 top teams and then a gap. Now Meigs is better with Zy but Tellico played them close with him I think so there you go!

I must have missed something! Meigs must have dubbed the same 2 often. The only one I noticed missing in action was Zy Moore. All the other key players played. They had a slew play in the JV game so they had available players. With exception of Zy I am not sure they had anyone else on the bench they wanted on the court besides Zy. Logan Fowler was on the bench but never noticed him playing round ball before this year. Greenback played a 7 man rotation and Hunter needed more than 20. Too bad he couldn't drop 34 like he did against Tellico. Or we could have guarded Brently Baker and kept him from hitting one of those wide open 3s and won in regulation. If GB could hit free throws to close out games it would have never went to OT. Lost to Tellico tonight down there but was without Roberts due to illness. Hunter had 23 but needed more help that Roberts gives on the boards and on D. No 2bd chance points without him tonight. With him I would say we win this game too. GB basketball is competing now. I've seen all teams in the district now and I can honestly say there are 2 top teams and then a gap. Now Meigs is better with Zy but Tellico played them close with him I think so there you go!

that's great to hear!

With Zy Meigs beat Tellico 72 to 25. I guess that is close for some people

With Zy Meigs beat Tellico 72 to 25. I guess that is close for some people

That is definitely not close! How much without Zy? Heard it was close. I hope he plays our next matchup down there and we play our A game. May not be close but you never really know until you play. I enjoy watching him play and my son enjoys playing against him. Seems to be a nice guy too!