Lincoln Co. @ Franklin Co.

delusional32

Yeah and Tullahoma and Coffee are a combined 4-26 over the past 2 seasons.

Excellent point. A lot of people believe John Olive is a good coach who has built a good program, but is he's 0-14 since last year. Did he all of a sudden become a horrible coach. I've even heard some crumblings coming from over there about the coaching and program. I don't invest a lot of respect or concern for individuals who constantly blame coaching. I've always felt if you believe there's problem them you've obviously taken the time to come up with a solution...other than fire them.

As for kids knowing the AD then answer is that you have to have an AD to actually know them. I think this is the 1st year since 2011 we've actually had an AD, but I may be wrong

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes a tough kid to play for McCurry. And one that his parents allow him to turn their boy into a man. Greatest coach I've ever been around.

Don't get me wrong. McCurry is a darn good coach no question about it. It's evident with the success he had at Moore county. The only down side to his style of coaching is that not everyone kid will respond well to that style of coaching. He was a perfect fit at Moore county. Bunch of rough country boys who could play some ball. He took that same style of coaching to marshall county and it didn't work for him. Yes we won some ballgames while he was there just not at the rate he did while he was in Lynchburg.

Your name says it all. Lincoln is better coached and has beaten someone other than Tullahoma. Those are my thoughts.

OK once again where is the better coaching. Maybe you will argue that with better coaching FC would have won by more than they did but bottom line is a win is a win and that was a tough fought ball game for 4 quarters against two rivals. Rampage did you go to the game? I did and I was looking foward to discussing my delusional thoughts at the game. Edited by delusional32

Allot of the problems with programs in this area are the kids. You have kids just playing to wear the jersey, and other talented kids are not playing. Got to figure out how to get the talent on the field playing. Got to figure out how to get kids to play with heart. When just a few kids on the team are playing at 100% and eithers do good to give 50%, the team will never be winners. This is not the coaches fault, allot of it is the parents. When a kid comes home and the parents do nothing but bash the coaches. Then the kids go to practice and the games with the "I don't care" attitude, this spreads like wild fire. Coach Mac is mean, but he knows how to get average kids to play with heart. That is why he wins. And you are right, allot of parents cannot stand a coach to be mean to little Johnny. I want a coach to be hard on my kids, nothing in life is fair or easy. Might as well start while in school.

Edited by Pumpkin007