14A

HoopsTN1

87vikingalumni,have you heard anything about who Humboldt opens the Popular Bluff tournament with?I have a feeling it's going to be an Arkansas school.

No, haven't heard anything yet but you are probably right a Arkansas school, if I had to guess! As soon as I find out I will post!

Edited by 87vikingalumni

Humboldt 75 Halls 58 @ Halls!!

Last night i went to watch Humboldt and Halls play. They look like the real deal they play hard and have good depth. Halls has a good team also. Just did not have the depth to play with Humboldt. I dont know if any other team in 14A has the depth to beat Humboldt but its such a tough District anything can happen. I do believe that this Humboldt team has a good shot to make alot of noise this year.UC will always be in the mix. But Humboldt's depth will be a factor this season for any 14A team. Humboldt's bench could start for most teams.Very well coached as well!

Last night i went to watch Humboldt and Halls play. They look like the real deal they play hard and have good depth. Halls has a good team also. Just did not have the depth to play with Humboldt. I dont know if any other team in 14A has the depth to beat Humboldt but its such a tough District anything can happen. I do believe that this Humboldt team has a good shot to make alot of noise this year.UC will always be in the mix. But Humboldt's depth will be a factor this season for any 14A team. Humboldt's bench could start for most teams.Very well coached as well!

Yes, Humboldt playing a lot of young kids and still missing a starter & back up guard both out with injuries from football! If, they can continue to improve, they will be a tough out!

Popular Bluff tournament 27-29

Top Bracket:

Popular Bluff vs Humboldt

Kenwood vs Cordova

Lower Bracket:

Jonesboro vs Liberty Tech

Vashon vs Memphis Central

Looks like the Vikings will have their hands full this tournament, only single A team in tournament & plays 5A popular Bluff first game, who's currently undefeated! Memphis Central, Cordova & Kenwood all 3A TN schools! Jonesboro 6A, Vashon 4A & Liberty 2A so should be a good tournament with quality opponents! Hopefully, Vikings will have a good showing but in a tuff bracket will only make them better playing up!

Edited by 87vikingalumni

Having the Vikings play the host team first shows me that PB is taking them lightly...UC has been in this tournament and we know that PB is tough to beat here...I figure the Mules will get a bit of a surprise when they see the Vikes in person...Good Luck to you guys...

If you kind of want to keep up with the tourney go to semoball dot com .... They usually have a guy that blogs about the tournament game-by-game...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Having the Vikings play the host team first shows me that PB is taking them lightly...UC has been in this tournament and we know that PB is tough to beat here...I figure the Mules will get a bit of a surprise when they see the Vikes in person...Good Luck to you guys...

If you kind of want to keep up with the tourney go to semoball dot com .... They usually have a guy that blogs about the tournament game-by-game...

Thanks for the info, thinking about going home that week and go watch game!