hampton at cloudland

THE KING

Classic game. Both teams had plenty of miscues, but it was still a battle. Just glad to see the Landers stand up and fight. They actually finished a game with effort. I, for one, am very proud of those kids. I think they grew up a lot tonight.

I'm just glad there wasn't more time on the clock! May need to reconsider who we have on kick return Lol

You guys are 8 points away from being 5-1. Progress is being made quickly.

The Old Cloudland is on its way back. Next year will be a challenge  but 2 years from now they will be tough. After that it will be business as usual. Its not easy being a good football team and these kids are learning just that.The work has begun.

You guys are 8 points away from being 5-1. Progress is being made quickly.

They were reminded of that during post game speech. Just gotta keep working and believing. As I've said earlier this year, these kids aren't a real bad team, they keep making just enough mistakes to not be very good. I see light at the end of the tunnel though. They are progressing. It's been more of a mental battle with this group. As they are severely underdeveloped. 6 games into the season and they're just now figuring out how to play together for 4 qtrs.

I agree with everything you said. Buddy of mine is over the youth club for us now. He's working his tail off but having a hard time even finding coaches for the youth club. Wish I knew enough to help out. Regardless the whole culture around the football program and the school for that matter needs to change. Personally I think back when I was there it was a lot more open place, former players would come around for all sports. Talk us up before the game. Now, it feels not as welcoming too say the least. You go to a football game or ball game up the creek and you see a lot less of the older guys who use to be there walking around. There's a lot of change that needs to happen imo and it can happen, but they have too want it too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel this way. Aside from baseball, I haven't watched Unaka play a game of anything since they lost that Region semi-final in '13. And I've only been to one basketball or football game on the Creek since 2011. Not welcoming at all.

I remember when you guys (Creekerballer & co.) played, I would drive all the way to Jellico and Harriman to watch and support them, and you knew they appreciated it. Don't get that feeling anymore. Something needs to change up there, for sure.

Not sure what you boys are talking about "not welcome feeling" I've been going to football, basketball, and baseball games for the past 10 years and never had a feeling like that. Seems to me there is a lot of good things going on at that school, again just doesn't look like their are many male athletes in the school that can make much of a difference right now in football or basketball.

They were reminded of that during post game speech. Just gotta keep working and believing. As I've said earlier this year, these kids aren't a real bad team, they keep making just enough mistakes to not be very good. I see light at the end of the tunnel though. They are progressing. It's been more of a mental battle with this group. As they are severely underdeveloped. 6 games into the season and they're just now figuring out how to play together for 4 qtrs.

Good post 91. I'm very interested to see why you guys do in the playoffs. The 4th place team from R2 is going to have their hands full with you guys

Im gonna go ahead and admit and say shame on me. I chose not to go to the Game last night because in my mind we didn't stand a chance. My bad Cloudland football team and Lander faithful. that's prolly the first Cloudland\Hampton game ive missed in as long as I can remember.  On the other hand WOW what a showing by the Home town squad. According to all the talk on here and in Roan Town early this morn and going on now, we played our tails off all 4 Qtrs. Unlike Avery game. Whew that was a real tuff one to swaller. Any way I know that from reading on here that we made some mistakes at a crucial time in the game and Hampton didn't play up to par. Kinda hit n miss from reading both Coaches comments following the game. For us just to play like we did with a Hampton team that has been destroying pretty much every one they play, is a major boost for our team and Coaching Staff. Its something we can build on for next weeks game. No matter who the team is or what their record is. No matter if it is Homecoming. Its not always a gimmie. If we can play like that every play for the rest of the season will only result in good things. No matter the Win Loss record at the final snap. They will know they gave their all at least the last half of the year. And no regrets to look back on from last night on. Good job Landers and Coaching Staff. Also hats off to the way the game was played and handled last night with good sportsmanship on both sides of the field. Like I said im going off of from reading on here and family and friends talk. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise I will be there next week. And if anyone is interested we could get back to some good ole cooking before the game.

Im gonna go ahead and admit and say shame on me. I chose not to go to the Game last night because in my mind we didn't stand a chance. My bad Cloudland football team and Lander faithful. that's prolly the first Cloudland\Hampton game ive missed in as long as I can remember.  On the other hand WOW what a showing by the Home town squad. According to all the talk on here and in Roan Town early this morn and going on now, we played our tails off all 4 Qtrs. Unlike Avery game. Whew that was a real tuff one to swaller. Any way I know that from reading on here that we made some mistakes at a crucial time in the game and Hampton didn't play up to par. Kinda hit n miss from reading both Coaches comments following the game. For us just to play like we did with a Hampton team that has been destroying pretty much every one they play, is a major boost for our team and Coaching Staff. Its something we can build on for next weeks game. No matter who the team is or what their record is. No matter if it is Homecoming. Its not always a gimmie. If we can play like that every play for the rest of the season will only result in good things. No matter the Win Loss record at the final snap. They will know they gave their all at least the last half of the year. And no regrets to look back on from last night on. Good job Landers and Coaching Staff. Also hats off to the way the game was played and handled last night with good sportsmanship on both sides of the field. Like I said im going off of from reading on here and family and friends talk. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise I will be there next week. And if anyone is interested we could get back to some good ole cooking before the game.

You're right.  Shame on you nole.  Don't miss anymore ballgames because of what you think is going to happen.  Dang people, nature throws us curve balls.  WE don't know.  I promise you guys,  when you think you have the answers, life changes the question lol  :)

You're right.  Shame on you nole.  Don't miss anymore ballgames because of what you think is going to happen.  Dang people, nature throws us curve balls.  WE don't know.  I promise you guys,  when you think you have the answers, life changes the question lol  :)

This is only going to get better. The culture is taking a change in Roan MT . Just think if they would have made the right move a few years back. I,m shaking my head as i type. DANG